What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the iPad mini 5 not going to be produced?

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have 1st generation mini iPad (it won't update beyond iOS 9.3.5) and was thinking about buying the iPad mini 5 - is it true that it will not be made? Also, another question please, are the Apple iPad minis going to be discontinued? Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i have 1st generation mini iPad (it won't update beyond iOS 9.3.5) and was thinking about buying the iPad mini 5 - is it true that it will not be made? Also, another question please, are the Apple iPad minis going to be discontinued? Thanks.

Well, rumors suggest that Apple will discontinue the iPad Mini model and no Mini 5 will be offered - see HERE (and pic below) - believe that Maura already posted on this prediction; also take look at this RECENT THREAD discussing the same issue - take a look at my recommendation (post #5), i.e. if you really want the Mini footprint (my wife loves her Mini 4 - fits in her purse nicely), then consider buying a Mini 4 - likely will take the next iOS upgrades and run modern/updated apps w/o difficulty. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.05.39 AM.png

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well this would not surprise me as my beloved mini 2 was discontinued earlier this year supposedly. The way things are looking there will probably be no minis left in this world very soon. Except for those who have one.

Most reactions

Latest posts