What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple is now a complete joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks it is useless continuing this conversation unless you have not done the restore. Remember back up the iPad first then do the restore set up as new for testing Test safari You will need to re down load any other apps yu wish to test. They will be in update not on my iPad. If all works ok you can then plug back into iTunes and restore from last backup. Hope that helps.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on the new restore at the moment. I don't know why I wasted my time.

Maybe there is a synk problem between my phone and my iPad.
Reason I say this is because non of my info or apps are my iPad after the restore to new. But when I open safari all my favorites are there.

Going to restore from back up now.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i did the restore and tested safari.

please explain to me what this link is?
http://tracking.performancerevenues.com/aff_r?offer_id=5901&aff_id=9741&url=http://app.appsflyer.com/id888285153?pid=performancerevenues_int&clickid=102222365c8f1d4e7454c336a0f0cd&urlauth=706679070257515465950811387759

??????

wth!

this is the redirect I get from safari. a lot.

maybe it's Verizon Internet in the usa. I don't know, but this is what makes me think that my apple is no better then my pc.

also happens the most when I'm in this forum. will also happen when using free apps.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ok i did the restore and tested safari.

please explain to me what this link is?
http://tracking.performancerevenues.com/aff_r?offer_id=5901&aff_id=9741&url=http://app.appsflyer.com/id888285153?pid=performancerevenues_int&clickid=102222365c8f1d4e7454c336a0f0cd&urlauth=706679070257515465950811387759

??????

wth!

this is the redirect I get from safari. a lot.

maybe it's Verizon Internet in the usa. I don't know, but this is what makes me think that my apple is no better then my pc.

also happens the most when I'm in this forum. will also happen when using free apps.

It's a problem with how the adds are created. There's some argument on whether it's intentional or not. The banner ads are not supposed to automatically take you to the iTunes store, but they sometimes do anyway.

Clearing your history and website data in Settings > Safari will sometimes clear this up. While it probably wont' make a difference it's also a good idea to make sure Block Pop-ups is on, and that Block Cookies is set to "Allow from Current Website Only".

I don't remember what other gyrations were needed to fix the more stubborn issues with this one. I do know that one person solved it by using either the Weblock or AdBlock apps; which is a fix so much as avoidance.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the thing...

I expect this kind of nonsense in the PC world and I tolerate it because in most cases there are solutions to fix it (malwarebytes et al).

I agreed to live in Apple's 'Crystal Prson' becuase of the protection it used to afford me from the annoyances that are rampant in the 'Wild Wild West' of the PC world. But it seems that some unsvory practices are now allowed in Apple's Gated Community.

Given the nature of the iOS environment my options for dealing with this are, to my knowlege, non-existance.

some one else wrote it but it is my exact feelings.

thanks for the help guys,

nothing has really improved, I'm playing with different browsers now,

yes I did the restore, I did the cookie and browser cleaning, etc etc,

when is Apple going to get CTRL ALT DEL option for the keyboard.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After being a new Apple user, one year, I too have to say I'm a little disappointed in the Apple system. These sort of problems just weren't suppose to exist.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After being a new Apple user, one year, I too have to say I'm a little disappointed in the Apple system. These sort of problems just weren't suppose to exist.

I was told/brain washed that Apple products would never have the same issues as a pc. crashing, advertising, pop ups, redirects, viruses, security,.

my first 2 iPads and first iPhone i can say where great.

but now I can fire up my pc and get better results, I am kind of sad for saying that. (this website has less adds on my pc, I don't get redirects from any browser on pc, I have options for pop up blockers.

the only thing I get out of my iPad now is the ability to carry it outside.

with my iPad i think I get more redirects, pop ups, let's just call it over advertising then I do on my pc.

like you I purchased Apple products because what sold me was it isn't a pc and wouldn't have the pc issues like what I wrote above.

now I'm starting to second guess my decision, now that I have a lot of money invested in Apple and not just in content, apps/movies/books/music. oh yeah stocks.

if Apple wants to show me their version of windows XP then they should give me options that I had with windows xp! plus hardware options.

I'm going out on a limb here but I can see a ton of people dumping Apple beacuse of that they keep looking over the fence and they can't compete.

I don't know. I i am almost over the i device faze

the biggest problem I have is iOS 7 and 8 have drawn me to the point of talking bad about Apple on a open forum.

maybe I'm just upset, because I have so much money invested in Apple. and it turns out I could have a better product with the windows company.

it's like I am experiencing vista, but 10 years later.

I can also point out that Microsoft has options to restore to a certain time. you could also backup to external devices.

all other tablets on the market have more hardware extensions options plus software options then Apple has. I assume we have to wait for apples new light weight 50. inch retina 500 on iOS 20006.3 to have these options.

I love iOS. , I hated windows 8. now I am wishing I made a better decision.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not understand why you have this issue. I sure do not have this problem. With forums I use tapatalk pro no issues great for any forum. In regard to general surfing there are many apps available other than safari.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more thing the issue with pop ups is across not only ios but also android and it appears to vary country to country and what service providers you use. Blaming Apple is really not the answer.

In saying that I suggest you install the apps that were suggested.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guess I may be a minority Here but I tried Tapatalk twice and deleted it twice. Guess I just don't get it. I surf all other forums on iPad with Chrome Or Safari And it works great. This form works great on my Windows laptop but is torture just writing this post on my iPad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really donot understand why tapatalk pro as it is what I use 7/24 across 12 forums. 4 of which I am admin plus 2 as super mod. Not only does it work every time I can moderate without launching a browser. So am lost

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no Tapatalk PRO listed in the aap store. Just tapatalk. If PRO is a pay for app I'm not buying it anyway just so I can make THIS FORUM work. I am lost why this, the ultimate ipad, forum is the ONLY forum that my curser won't work properly on. One other mod, JA I believe, had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions