What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID problem

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My app icon is showing 3 "free" updates available for keynote, pages, and numbers.....when I try and install, the wrong user id shows up (our IT director who had set up the ipad for me) and therefore my password does not work. I have gone to "settings" and "store" and signed out and back in. It shows up correctly as my account. I am able to d/l other apps without a problem.....it is only the updates to the apps above that are the problem....any suggestions?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would sync them then d/l the updated versions on your pc then sync.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the apps were installed by his IT so the updates are linked to his account. Just take the iPad to him and do the update so he can input his password..

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With out his password you cannot upgrade it is that simple if you cannot obtain his password then you have no option other than to purchase the apps your self.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, since he said it was his IT director I figured it was a work option so he should be able to have IT set the updates as they come

OP
B

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok...I think I still need help..and maybe need to clarify...I have an apple ID and password and it allows me to purchase apps-no problem-accept for the 3 apps (keynotes, pages and numbers) that show there are updates available...when I try and update that is the only time the other id appears that is not mine and asks for a password. I have tried synching with itunes, signing in and out etc....when I got to settings on the ipad it shows me as the person signed in for the id. I had one thought and that was to delete the 3 apps and reinstall..anything else to try?

OP
B

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any way to "undelete" apps?

Ok...I think I still need help..and maybe need to clarify...I have an apple ID and password and it allows me to purchase apps-no problem-accept for the 3 apps (keynotes, pages and numbers) that show there are updates available...when I try and update that is the only time the other id appears that is not mine and asks for a password. I have tried synching with itunes, signing in and out etc....when I got to settings on the ipad it shows me as the person signed in for the id. I had one thought and that was to delete the 3 apps and reinstall..anything else to try?

Well of course I screwed up....I was able to delete the 3 apps noted above...when I went to reinstall, thinking that would solve the id log in problem, I discovered I have to pay for them.....any way to recover the apps I deleted without paying?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the answer is "No"

Well of course I screwed up....I was able to delete the 3 apps noted above...when I went to reinstall, thinking that would solve the id log in problem, I discovered I have to pay for them.....any way to recover the apps I deleted without paying?

You have to go back to your IT Director and have him reinstall with his userid and password. While you are doing this, you might want to have a discussion about establishing a company policy about reimbursing employees on the purchase of apps on a work required tool. Apple is constantly updating their apps, so you will experience this problem again.

OP
B

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You have to go back to your IT Director and have him reinstall with his userid and password. While you are doing this, you might want to have a discussion about establishing a company policy about reimbursing employees on the purchase of apps on a work required tool. Apple is constantly updating their apps, so you will experience this problem again.

Thanks Matt...I will do that...can he reinstall the deleted apps without having to pay? (not a monetary concern, just curiosity)....what I still don't understand is the fact that my id works with all of the other apps except the 3 I mentioned in my original post..

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks Matt...I will do that...can he reinstall the deleted apps without having to pay? (not a monetary concern, just curiosity)....what I still don't understand is the fact that my id works with all of the other apps except the 3 I mentioned in my original post..

Yep.. Once you've purchased you can always re-download. You have to use his account though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegascaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same frustrating problem. The fix was easy.. Go to apple support to change your apple ID password. After changing password, Log out on itunes, then log back in with new password, then sync device. Small pain in the ass, but it worked.

vegascaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change Apple ID password

Go to apple support and change your password. Log off in itunes, then log back in with new password. Then sync. IT WORKS!

Most reactions

Latest posts