What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID

Valsworld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new email and changed it in iTunes. It shows up correctly in iTunes and on apple.com under my account info. But when I go to iTunes or try to update my apps on my iPad, the old email shows up as my apple ID, thus the password won't work...I have synced it a few times, restarted it, etc...help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by a new email, but you can not change your Apple ID (at least not without contacting Apple Tech Support). You can only create a new one. Even if you enter new email address info into your Apple account, this does not change your Apple ID; and that ID and password are what you use to purchase stuff, period.

A new email would only be useful for, well, email; and you change that under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

If I've misunderstood something, sorry.

Most reactions