What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID confusion

dgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Apple ID which I buy apps with. I bought an IPOD Touch for my son and I set up a new ID. I want to have my ID now set up on the IPOD instead as I want to be able to share the apps I have already downloaded on my Ipad on there. How can I do this? Thanks

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only way I know to do what you want would be to reset your device and start fresh using your ID.

I have friends who use separate iTunes accounts, but have somehow found a way to share apps and music between them. I don't know the details, but perhaps that would be an option if you can research it further.

OP
dgreen

dgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Ober, I did reset and used my original ID but it doesn't show up with the apps I have installed on my ipad. I too have heard there is a way of doing it but I'm not sure how. I can't believe Apple will make me pay twice for the same app I already own.... but then again :D

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too have heard there is a way of doing it but I'm not sure how.

I did a quick search (google) for "sharing apps between itunes accounts" and it came up with a few possible options. If I were interested in this at my house, I would investigate further. Sorry, but I am just to lazy to check further. Maybe someone else can jump in here who has done this.

Thanks Ober, I did reset and used my original ID but it doesn't show up with the apps I have installed on my ipad.

Do you have apps backed up on the cloud? Have you tried going to the itunes store and download those apps you have already purchased?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Ober, I did reset and used my original ID but it doesn't show up with the apps I have installed on my ipad. I too have heard there is a way of doing it but I'm not sure how. I can't believe Apple will make me pay twice for the same app I already own.... but then again :D
You will find the apps you purchased in App Store - Purchased. You don't have to pay twice for something you've already installed on another device with the same Apple ID. All you have to do is go there and download the apps you'd like to use on your device.
Just keep in mind that not all apps you use on an iPad can be used with an iPod as well.

OP
dgreen

dgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that.... I've set up the ipod now with the same AppleID but the Ipod doesn't show up anything in the purchased area?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a choice, like this:

image-782011243.jpg

(Choose device/not on iPod)?

OP
dgreen

dgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar but without the option to select Ipad or ipod. It's the Purchased page with ALL or Not on This IPod and both are empty

Most reactions

Latest posts