What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Finally Overtakes Microsoft

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
share-prices.jpg

The Telegraph and many other news sources are today reporting that Apple has now officially become the biggest technology company in the world, finally overtaking Microsoft, after Apple shares rose by 1 percent, with Apple then ending the day’s trading with a market value of $222 billion. (Microsoft has a market capitalization of $219 billion). The shares increase means that Apple is now just one place behind the biggest company in the world, ExxonMobil, which is worth $282 billion.

The Telegraph points out that Apple almost went out of business in the ‘90s, but was saved by the ingenious way it tapped into the incredible consumer demand for such devices as iPods, MacBooks, and iPhones. The past decade has seen Apple’s value increase 10-fold. And doubtless things will only get better, after the massive success of the iPad. According to The Telegraph, Apple is also due to open a new flagship store in London’s fashionable Covent Garden, with its Regent Street store already being the most profitable shop in the UK, raking in £60 million a year, or £2,000 per square foot.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: Daily Telegraph

Stracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always been a computer hardware geek....and that is why I have never owned a mac.....I have always built my own computers from the ground up. You can't do that with apple. Microsoft has had its problems over the years and I believe that is due to having to make Windows work on a platform that didn't conform to any sort of standard. Now in my older years, I don't find tinkering with the hardware as fun as it used to be and I find myself buying an iPad. I'm shocked really......

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have always been a computer hardware geek....and that is why I have never owned a mac.....I have always built my own computers from the ground up. You can't do that with apple. Microsoft has had its problems over the years and I believe that is due to having to make Windows work on a platform that didn't conform to any sort of standard. Now in my older years, I don't find tinkering with the hardware as fun as it used to be and I find myself buying an iPad. I'm shocked really......

I'm the same way with my own PCs at home. I have only actually bought a couple of PCs, I just keep upgrading the parts to keep them current. I will likely continue doing this for home. There's nothing particularly compelling to me about a MAC desktop. I find Windows and Macs equally easy and pleasant to use.

Apple really has a special knack when it comes to mobile devices though. They are cutting edge with their hardware and put a tremendous amount of effort into making software that takes full advantage of that hardware. (Unlike microsoft with their brilliant, but weakly suppported Tablet PC) Apple's concetration on mobile computing was brilliant and will continue to make them a lot of money.

Stracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody remember the first Android comercials....the one where the robotic arm/hand was flipping the holographic image with its finger......I think they got in trouble for that....it looked like it was flicking the apps like you would on the iPad...I just saw a revised comercial where they do not flick the apps anymore....you just can't simulate the touch hardware apple has in software.....

Most reactions

Latest posts