What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Pledges to Continue to Support Skype on Non-Microsoft Platforms Such as iOS

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
skype_microsoft.JPG

Possibly the biggest tech news of the day today has been Microsoft’s $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype, which it intends to use to support Microsoft devices such as Xbox and Kinect, Windows Phone and a wide array of Windows devices. In the press release announcing the acquisition, Microsoft made a point of mentioning that it will “continue to invest in and support Skype clients on non-Microsoft platforms,†by way of reassuring those who greatly enjoy using the Skype app on their iPhones and iPads, and other platforms such as Android, Mac OS X, RIM’s BlackBerry and Linux, that Microsoft has no intention of abandoning them. According to Computer World, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reiterated the promise in person during a press conference today.

“A, I said it and I meant it,†Ballmer replied to a reporter who asked about the issue, adding, “B, we’re one of the few companies with a track record of doing this.â€

Source: Microsoft promises not to ditch Mac, iPhone, Android Skype users - Computerworld, Microsoft

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They bloody we'll do that, or they gonna add me to the enemy of the MS establishment. I just bought more credit on the Skype.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marine 47 said:
I hope that they provide an app for iPad2. It is crazy that I have to use the iPhone app on my iPad.

I have had that wish for some time now....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts