What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple compass App

Status
Not open for further replies.

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

How do I fix the compass on my iPhone 3GS??? I have done the figure 8 as it suggests till I am blue in the face.... Help

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not actually a compass it uses GPS data to figure out the direction so if you are standing still it won't work properly. If you walk in a straight line you will find it much more accurate.

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I know that. The issue is that it asks me to calibrate it moving the iPhone in a figure of eight and it still does not work and wondered if it was a common fault

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now I'm heading SW and my iPhone says east so I wouldn't rely on it.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the constructive and useful advice

Never mind

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resetting your device and trying it again. Also this is a forum for general users to help each other not the iPhone compass help team so a little courtesy goes along way. You want some useful and constructive advice go and buy a compass???
Good luck

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also works both ways too!

I've had excellent help on here for my iPad for some time, my response was to the previous poster which wasn't either helpful or constructive, it would have probably have been better to have not replied and ignored than post something was of no use

But thanks anyway

I did forget to say the iPhone belongs to a friend of mine, I actually don't own one, just the iPad. As folk here are great with advice I thought an apple app causing her a few problems would be not a problem to post on here whether it's on an iPad or iPhone

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually went to the trouble of testing the app for you in a live situation to see whether it was accurate.

If that isn't helpful or constructive, I don't know what is.

As this thread has clearly run its course it is now closed.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts