What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 on iPad and Compass app and Password app

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently updated to operating system seven. It appears to me that the iPad operating system 7 update does not include the app called compass or the password app both of which appear to be included on the iPhone operating system 7 update?
Is this the case with every operating system 7 update on the iPad or is it just me? How can one obtained a compass and password app for the iPad?

Doug Dyer
Victoria BC

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have recently updated to operating system seven. It appears to me that the iPad operating system 7 update does not include the app called compass or the password app both of which appear to be included on the iPhone operating system 7 update?
Is this the case with every operating system 7 update on the iPad or is it just me? How can one obtained a compass and password app for the iPad?

Doug Dyer
Victoria BC

I'm not sure which app you mean by the password app. Could you explain further which one you mean?

I can tell you that there are several apps that are on the iPhone that are not on the iPad (Voice Memos, Stocks, Weather, Compass ... to name four off the top of my head).

Marilyn

OP
D

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure which app you mean by the password app. Could you explain further which one you mean? I can tell you that there are several apps that are on the iPhone that are not on the iPad (Voice Memos, Stocks, Weather, Compass ... to name four off the top of my head). Marilyn

Thank you Marilyn for your comments. As you point out it must be that the weather compass and I believe it's called passport app are only issued on the iPhone and not on the iPad. That answers my query and at least now I know I'm not missing something that I should have had. Thanks for your comment.

Doug Dyer
Victoria BC

OP
D

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn for your comments. As you point out it must be that the weather compass and I believe it's called passport app are only issued on the iPhone and not on the iPad. That answers my query and at least now I know I'm not missing something that I should have had. Thanks for your comment. Doug Dyer Victoria BC

By the way is there any way for iPad owners to get the Apple compass app which includes the level application which is what I'm really after as well as the weather app. I am unable to find these Apple apps in the app store?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way is there any way for iPad owners to get the Apple compass app which includes the level application which is what I'm really after as well as the weather app. I am unable to find these Apple apps in the app store?
the stock weather app and compass app for the iPhone are not available in the AppStore, hence they can't be downloaded to the iPad. They are an iPhone only feature.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

As scifan says, you can't get the stock apps at the AppStore. They are not "sold." So, you'll have to find compass and weather apps by searching in the store.

I don't use the compass app on my phone and don't have a need for it on my iPad, so I can't help you there. I will, however, recommend a schweet weather app: Yahoo! Weather (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-weather/id628677149?mt=8). It's free and is beautiful (and accurate). As Yahoo! is the same company that feeds the stock Apple weather app, you probably won't go wrong with this one. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
D

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As scifan says, you can't get the stock apps at the AppStore. They are not "sold." So, you'll have to find compass and weather apps by searching in the store. I don't use the compass app on my phone and don't have a need for it on my iPad, so I can't help you there. I will, however, recommend a schweet weather app: Yahoo! Weather (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-weather/id628677149?mt=8). It's free and is beautiful (and accurate). As Yahoo! is the same company that feeds the stock Apple weather app, you probably won't go wrong with this one. Of course and as always, YMMV. Marilyn

Thank you Marilyn for your suggestion re the Yahoo weather app. I will try it. Of course what I am really after is a weather app that will make the rain go away! Beautiful Victoria BC is even more beautiful in the sunshine!

Doug Dyer
Victoria BC

Most reactions

Latest posts