What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple.com double billing?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, fair enough. I didn't mean to start an argument. I just found it to be curious, that's all.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once Apple gets an authorization code for the charge, that amount of credit (or cash if a debit card) is no longer available to the account holder and is on hold for the merchant.

OP
dale600rr

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But to dale600rr, if you did not authorize the second call to charge your account, you may want to call Apple and check the status of your order just to make sure. BTW, I find it interesting that a bank would call you to make sure a charge is legitimate. I have been doing business with the same bank for over 30 years and I don't think they offer any such service.

Thanks! I live in South Africa and my bank (they are a VISA card issuer) call me any time there's a spend outside of my "usual" habits. 95% of my purchases go through without a problem, so it's good to know that if something does happen that is fraudulent that they are likely to pick it up and stop it before it can go through. I also get a text message to my cell phone every time my CC is used with the amount and where and emails with the same information. They say the South African banking systems are some of the best in the world, but that's just speculation :)

BTW, I did speak to my bank and the original "reserved" transaction was removed when the second one was put through by Apple.com so I'm 100% sure that everything is OK.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that Apple is going to charge you twice. I am sure that there will be only one charge when the credit card statement comes.

Most reactions

Latest posts