What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App update issue.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem here is an Apple problem, whereby iPads running ios 6.1.3 or Lower can't update apps. iPods, iPhones, and devices on iOS 7 beta 3 can update apps without a problem.

This must be a hit or miss with people running 6.1.3---because I have been able to update my iPad, iPad mini and iPhone without issue.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad MINI using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This must be a hit or miss with people running 6.1.3---because I have been able to update my iPad, iPad mini and iPhone without issue.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad MINI using iPF

I had 3 updates yesterday, today the same number of updates, and no problems. I'm also running 6.1.3.

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad mini has this issue, iPhone 4S does not. Have been able to update using the purchased tab. Very annoying as some of the apps under under my apple id and some are under my wife's so I have to login in/out to update. Nice that I didn't have to pay for the apps twice but annoying when issues like this arise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All we can do is be patient until things get sorted out with the Apple servers. Some are effected while some of us are not.

tcwturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have tried all of the above solutions and nothing works. I have an older iPad2 and the app updates have always worked until just a few days ago. Now it's not even buffering the updates! The update screen is just blank. Everything else that required internet/wifi works just fine. It is only the App Updates that have quit working. Next I'll try syncing with my PC. ???

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to the apple store today and they were told me to restore my iPad without doing a backup pretty much like starting over with a new iPad and reload all my apps one by one.... That may fix it or wait til the iOS 7 comes out...... I think I'll wait for apple lol!

Last edited:

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too have tried all of the above solutions and nothing works. I have an older iPad2 and the app updates have always worked until just a few days ago. Now it's not even buffering the updates! The update screen is just blank. Everything else that required internet/wifi works just fine. It is only the App Updates that have quit working. Next I'll try syncing with my PC. ???

Yep that's what I have too! A complete blank white screen. Very odd

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind doing the restore if it wasn't for the fact that we'd lose all the game data that we've acclimated over the last few weeks. That's the one major thing that ticks me off about apple backups is that the level saves aren't stored in there so you have to start over from the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's all part of their problem(s) with that developer portal. Mainly cause this is also happening to me and it's the only explanation I can think of. Kind of annoying, having that badge on the icon and not being able to do anything about it, yeah?

I figure we just have to wait and see how it gets sorted. The comforting thing? It's not you... :)

Marilyn

Hi too have this issue and have had it for the last two days. Before that everything worked fine having my iPad 3 for a year. Glad to hear it might be on Apple side because I have tried everything and still does not work.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem here is an Apple problem, whereby iPads running ios 6.1.3 or Lower can't update apps. iPods, iPhones, and devices on iOS 7 beta 3 can update apps without a problem.

I'm running 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 and aren't having any problems updating my apps. ;)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The problem started for me this morning, with two apps supposedly needing updates, but a white screen. Now the total of invisible updates is up to four. My iPad 3 has never had an issue like this in the 14 months I've had it. Just another data point.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2, mini and iphone 4 all running 6.1.2 and all with update problems. The iphone i could not update on wifi but could on 3g. Ive tried over and over with the ipad 2 and mini (both wifi) but only come with with a blank update screen. Finally tonight i could get the updates with the ipad 2 but still a no go with the mini. Ill keep trying. It seems a random issue.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to the apple store today and they were told me to restore my iPad without doing a backup pretty much like starting over with a new iPad and reload all my apps one by one.... That may fix it or wait til the iOS 7 comes out...... I think I'll wait for apple lol!

Huh. Methinks they are confused! :)

I would not do anything such as a restore. Apart from me losing my jail break, even if were stock, that seems like an awful lot of work for updates. Given the amount of people across the web with this issue, I firmly believe it's an Apple problem. Seems a waste of time to do anything about it other than just wait (and maybe check the Updates tab every now and then). Of course, that's me, YMMV. :)

Other than searching through your Purchases tab to find the updates (if that badge irks you or if you want your updates) - my recommendation is to just wait.

First one to get that page to load: come back and tell us all? Meanwhile, I'm off to search for those three updates now showing - cause yes, I AM one of those that is bothered by badges on an icon. Looks so messy! :D

Marilyn

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this some time ago apps were updating on my iphone 5 but just the red badge on my ipad 3.then about a week later they all just showed up and up dated.

Most reactions

Latest posts