What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Update page greyed out

tomcdman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an issue with my Ipad 2 when I click on the app store on the Ipad 2 and then click updates I get the Loading message but then just a blank grey screen and it does not show any software to update. I I have IOS 5 and it was working fine until a couple of days ago. I know there are updates because if I co into Purchased it shows some apps to update. Also, when I do go into purchased I can go maybe 4 or 5 screens in and then the arrow is grayed out to where I cannot go any further even though there are still about 300 more apps to view. I was wondering if anybosy might be able to help with this. I have restored as well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes it is just the App Store acting up, and you can try again later without a problem. Here are some other things you can try.

Close: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

Sign Out, and Back In: Scroll to the bottom of most App Store pages, tap on your Apple iD, sign out, use the close instructions above to clear the app, then open and go back to the same place in the App store to sign back in. Closing the store is probably not necessary, but I threw it in there just to be thurough.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
T

tomcdman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your suggestions. I had tried all of the steps you listed before with no resolution. The strange part about it is that it is not any apps, just the app store update page on the Ipad itself, my iphone 4 and ipod are fine. Basically, when I go to the app store update page it shows loading and then goes to just a grey page. Normally it would say "All Apps Are Up To Date" but it is does not show that just a blank grey screen..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Sorry, but I don't have any other ideas short of a restore.

Before you go that route it would probably be worth your while to use the support link at the bottom of most of the store pages to contact Apple and have them look at your account for possible problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts