What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo question

mikescott1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a app to transfer photos from my Pc to my Ipad 2. Photos transferd fine, but now when I touch the photo icon a screen comes up and says "please wait, updating libary" I let it do this for about 1 hour and says it's still updating. Anyone else have this issue and what can i do to fix this. If I go to the camera Icon and click the lower left corner I can view all the photos. Thanks for any help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First time I've heard this one.

The only thing I can think of is to try a restart, if you haven't already. Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, and slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

OP
M

mikescott1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
First time I've heard this one.

The only thing I can think of is to try a restart, if you haven't already. Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, and slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

I tried that and now it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Bigfishbrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a app to transfer photos from my Pc to my Ipad 2. Photos transferd fine, but now when I touch the photo icon a screen comes up and says "please wait, updating libary" I let it do this for about 1 hour and says it's still updating. Anyone else have this issue and what can i do to fix this. If I go to the camera Icon and click the lower left corner I can view all the photos. Thanks for any help!

What app did you use. I want to take photos from my pc and put them on my ipad2 but cant figure out how.

OP
M

mikescott1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bigfishbrad said:
What app did you use. I want to take photos from my pc and put them on my ipad2 but cant figure out how.

I don't remember. I deleted it after I did not like how it worked. Because now I can view all the photos but can't. Figure out how to delete some of the ones I copied from the pc.

OP
M

mikescott1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. glad it worked.

Another question for ya. I was trying to delete some of the photos I copied from my pc and it won't let me do it. Any thoughts? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
mikescott1976 said:
Another question for ya. I was trying to delete some of the photos I copied from my pc and it won't let me do it. Any thoughts? Thanks

Those pictures are most likely synced through iTunes. With your iPad connected, and selected in iTunes, check the Photos page to see what folders you are syncing with. You can eithe deselect the folder(s) to remove them, or go into the folders on the computer and remove the photos there. The next time you sync the changes should update.

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can also delete individual photos by just tapping the top right corner of the screen even when only the picture shows. That brings up the menu to delete. Hope this helps.:)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
bettafan said:
you can also delete individual photos by just tapping the top right corner of the screen even when only the picture shows. That brings up the menu to delete. Hope this helps.:)

Except for albums synced through iTunes. You have to remove them via iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts