What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store is confusing

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it needs to be completely separated into

iPhone Apps

iPad Apps

Apps that work on both iPhone and iPad

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I agree, I almost paid $25 again for an app I already paid for on the iPhone, after I saw the small print at the bottom of the iPad information sheet, I noticed it say that there will be soon an upgrade link for those who already purchased the app. It should be more clear than that, also if I would have paid the fees, they would not be refundable through the app store.

I think all the apps should have just been marked with the XL for the ones that are both iPhone and iPad compatible and HD for iPad only.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best link to Apps was the link here in the forum-any other way into the App Store you end up looking at too many iphone apps. It should be laid out better. I am sure people will flood Apple with complaints in the next few days.

Patra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless things have changed radically, iTunes will tell you if you've already purchased an app. My husband and I share an account and if I try to buy an app for my iPhone that he has on his iPod touch, it will say we've already purchased it and then I can install it on my iPhone. I agree that iTunes is a little hard to navigate, but I think it's just because there's so much there.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless things have changed radically, iTunes will tell you if you've already purchased an app. My husband and I share an account and if I try to buy an app for my iPhone that he has on his iPod touch, it will say we've already purchased it and then I can install it on my iPhone. I agree that iTunes is a little hard to navigate, but I think it's just because there's so much there.

yeah I have 2 iPod Touches...one is mine and one is my gf's they are both using my itunes account and I can just buy on one and dl it to the other as well.

But I think the OP meant they had an iPad only app they were going to pay for and the dev is going to be releasing a universal app and there was a warning in the app store they almost didn't notice. In this case you would pay twice.

Most reactions

Latest posts