What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store updates?

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the skinny on app store updates from the iPad experts? Whenever I see the app store icon indicating updates for apps I currently have, I've picked Update All. But what if I see an update for an App I have on my iPad that indicates its for the iPhone app and since I don't have an iPhone why should I update? I don't want to go thru the rest of my iPad life with the app store permanently showing app updates I don't want, so is there a way to decline updates, and should I?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of the time, an app is universal, which means that it is designed for both the iPad and the iPhone. So, any updates to the app will necessitate an update across the board - even if the changes are only to affect the phone.

In other words, you should update all apps when they are available - else you will continually see the red badge on your App Store icon. And, you cant NOT update an app; if it's on your iPad and needs an update, you will need to update it. The only way to avoid this is to delete the app from your iPad.

Sorry to not be of better help. :)

Marilyn

OP
Docvan

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
A lot of the time, an app is universal, which means that it is designed for both the iPad and the iPhone. So, any updates to the app will necessitate an update across the board - even if the changes are only to affect the phone.

In other words, you should update all apps when they are available - else you will continually see the red badge on your App Store icon. And, you cant NOT update an app; if it's on your iPad and needs an update, you will need to update it. The only way to avoid this is to delete the app from your iPad.

Sorry to not be of better help. :)

Marilyn

Not at all, thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions