What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for South Africa words with friends

carols19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unable to find the app to download to play words with friends in SA. How do I play this game on my iPad?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the game available in your region? Are your friends playing the game on ipads, also?

Addendum:

Each country has their own App Store and also their own set of rules. South Africa has it own approval process through the Film and Publication Board before an app is available for purchase. That may be the reason why your game is not showing up in your regional App Store.

Last edited:
OP
C

carols19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Is the game available in your region? Are your friends playing the game on ipads, also?

Addendum:

Each country has their own App Store and also their own set of rules. South Africa has it own approval process through the Film and Publication Board before an app is available for purchase. That may be the reason why your game is not showing up in your regional App Store.

My friends in SA are all playing Words with Friends so I am surprised I am unable to download from the App Store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your friends probably created an iTunes account in another country and used that to get the app. Ask them. It's a fairly common practice.

If that is what they did:

You'll need an email address (plausibly from that country).
An address in that country. Some people report using an Apple Store's address in that country.

If you have a credit card from that country, it's easy.

If not, then you need to follow these steps to create an account with out a credit card, and use iTunes Gift Cards to buy any non-free apps or content.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

The U.S. is popular and the best stocked, though for some specialty apps, like the BBC stuff, you may need a U.K. account.

Since I don't do this myself, all I'm doing is passing on information. I may very well have some minor details wrong. Also, there is no official support for using multiple stores, as far as I know, so you do this at your own risk.

Most reactions

Latest posts