What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for clearing background memory

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are NO apps, on the entire app store, that can clean memory on any iOS device. This is a fact that can be verified by the developer manual for application submission that every developer has to sign off on (I know because I am a developer). Any app that claims otherwise is lying to get you to spend money.

i dont know the technical side like you do, but this app does work and that i can verify, had it not been for this app my experience with my low ram iphone3g and ipad 1 would have b

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i dont know the technical side like you do, but this app does work and that i can verify, had it not been for this app my experience with my low ram iphone3g and ipad 1 would have b

Apple can verify that there isn't a single App on the market that can do what you are saying it does. It simply doesn't exist. So you are seeing a placebo effect.

Seriously, either read the developer submission requirements or call Apple and talk to the developer application support team (this may cost you $99 USD if you are not a developer already).

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple can verify that there isn't a single App on the market that can do what you are saying it does. It simply doesn't exist. So you are seeing a placebo effect.

Seriously, either read the developer submission requirements or call Apple and talk to the developer application support team (this may cost you $99 USD if you are not a developer already).

end of the day this app works, how it does i dont know and i am happy with it and which is why i recommended it to the original poster.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
end of the day this app works, how it does i dont know and i am happy with it and which is why i recommended it to the original poster.

I use that app too and it keeps my iPad 4G running smooth! Thank you for telling me about that app, Good Karma :).

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Bell diver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced it does anything. It's always about 80 to 120 when I open the app and goes to normally about 220 in 3 secs seems great. But then I go on safari and such for 30 mins or so, then open the app and guess what???? It's about 80 to 120 and works its way up to 220 or so??? So what for it to work do you have to only see that screen???

Reply from support,

Hi,

It frees memory on start. The Recent Apps list does not show currently running apps, just your recently used ones. The list in the app shows currently running processes.

Thanks.

Recession Apps Support.
email: [email protected]

MemoryInfo+ for iPhone and iPod touch. Free memory on your iPhone by tapping the memory chart.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memoryinfo/id426599561?mt=8&ls=1

System Activity Monitor for iPad and iPhone
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/system-activity-monitor/id306192663?mt=8

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And all it does is request memory that is not "in use" and then releases it. Which is NOT FREEING ANYTHING becaus it was already NOT IN USE.

Talk about snake oil.

And for the people that actually want to learn, this is how iOS works with memory.

There are 5 types of memory usage.

1) Wired - Can NOT be released except by the OS.

2) Active - Can only be released by the OS, the application or the user killing the task.

3) Inactive - Memory that has data that can be used by anyone. But if the app that is in that slot is relaunched it will be moved to Active and save battery life.

4) Other - Can be released by anyone. Used to store temp data.

5) Free - Currently not assigned to anything.

An app can cause Inactive and Free to shrink in size and then release it to move to Free. But since the DATA wasn't in use anyway, you just wasted battery life for nothing.

In fact here is an actual real world test of how things work in iOS - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...lets-separate-facts-fiction-40230/#post210674

Last edited:

Most reactions