What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for clearing background memory

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, good news and I hope its available in your country's App Store. I found this link to the website and it's the same app I use. http://recessionapps.com/Free_Memory.html I clicked on the App Store link on their website and it took me to my App Store and now it's available, below are the pictures from my App Store, it costs 69pence. Very weird because when I originally bought the app I found it right away and not look for it in a website. This app can increase ram by hundreds, I had as low as 40mb and it took it to 700 plus on iPad and 330mb on my iPhone 4s. Hope it helps and please update how it went with you. London, UK

Thank you! I live in the UK and my App Store account location is UK but at the moment I am in another country, Albania. And yes, it is available here in Albania.
This app looks more like a RAM Booster! It doesn't delete your temp files or cache. It only speeds up your system, decrease priority for some apps and increase priority for the apps you're using, but it's a good one!
I'll purchase it and then I'll tell if you it works OK on my iPad. Hope it is fully compatible.

Klevis.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I live in the UK and my App Store account location is UK but at the moment I am in another country, Albania. And yes, it is available here in Albania. This app looks more like a RAM Booster! It doesn't delete your temp files or cache. It only speeds up your system, decrease priority for some apps and increase priority for the apps you're using, but it's a good one! I'll purchase it and then I'll tell if you it works OK on my iPad. Hope it is fully compatible. Klevis.
I can say from personal experience that this app works nicely on the iPad 1 and iPad 3?retina which I have now. For best results I clear the cache, double click the home button and switch of the apps working in the back ground, in ios7 it's by choosing the app and swiping your finger upwards towards the clock

Glad you found this app, hope it helps

London, UK

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can say from personal experience that this app works nicely on the iPad 1 and iPad 3?retina which I have now. For best results I clear the cache, double click the home button and switch of the apps working in the back ground, in ios7 it's by choosing the app and swiping your finger upwards towards the clock Glad you found this app, hope it helps London, UK

I know what you mean, closing apps ;).
Thank you very much for the app! Keep your posts up! :).

Klevis.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know what you mean, closing apps ;). Thank you very much for the app! Keep your posts up! :). Klevis.

Glad to help, had it not been for you I would have not known why its so hard to find in the iTunes Store, and having to find a web page to access this app. Your iPad and this app will be compatible so looking foreward to your feedback

London, UK

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad to help, had it not been for you I would have not known why its so hard to find in the iTunes Store, and having to find a web page to access this app. Your iPad and this app will be compatible so looking foreward to your feedback London, UK

Hello,
I purchased the app you told me about yesterday on my iPad and it just shows my free ram. Does it have any option how to boos my iPad ram? Or it works automatically?
Thanks.

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased the app you told me about yesterday on my iPad and it just shows my free ram. Does it have any option how to boos my iPad ram? Or it works automatically?
Thanks.

It's meant to work automatically as soon as you launch the app

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks.

did the app work ?? :eek: i am interested because i want to know if apple forced the app developer to change the way the app works on mine, i know apple was not happy with the ram being manipulated. Also the way its hard to find the app in ITunes is fishy :rolleyes:

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
did the app work ?? :eek: i am interested because i want to know if apple forced the app developer to change the way the app works on mine, i know apple was not happy with the ram being manipulated. Also the way its hard to find the app in ITunes is fishy :rolleyes:

Hey,
After I did a clean restore of my iPad, the app works like a charm! I think it needed that new install via iTunes + Battery saving tips. Now I can use my iPad for hours with no crashing (5hrs use 80%/100%). Big improvement!
Thank you very much.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, After I did a clean restore of my iPad, the app works like a charm! I think it needed that new install via iTunes + Battery saving tips. Now I can use my iPad for hours with no crashing (5hrs use 80%/100%). Big improvement! Thank you very much. Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Yay, fantastic result, great to hear it works

London, UK

Bell diver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm have I been suckered?? Haha

I just purchased this app and wonder if it does anything?? Am I supposed to do anything once it's installed and running?? This is what has happened so far with this app??? Below is the email I sent to support,

Hi

I just purchased your free ram app for iPad and I'm not sure how to use
it? I have a new IPad mini, 64gb and when I first turn the app on it
shows I have about 174 ram and then 3 secs late it goes to about 212 or
sometimes 280 avail ram. The thing is with virtually every app open, or
closed by double clicking home screen and individually closing all apps nothing really changes?

I'm mystified if I'm meant to do anything or just start the app and
that's it? Funny thing is I closed all apps except free ram and
restarted the iPad and it was exactly the same? I kind of feel this app
does nothing at all and I'm a little disappointed??

Matt

Bell diver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should also add it shows that mobile phone is running??? This is an iPad mini with a sim slot but no sim installed. However the SIM card is for data only??? There is no mobile phone function on iPads??? Yet it shows it running?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380031604.852653.jpg

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should also add it shows that mobile phone is running??? This is an iPad mini with a sim slot but no sim installed. However the SIM card is for data only??? There is no mobile phone function on iPads??? Yet it shows it running??View attachment 48374

Hi Matt, close all the applications, then turn this app on and wait for the ram numbers to go up, when it reached the highest number with very little going on then the job is done and you can close the app. This app helps with ram intensive apps like youtube or bbc iplayer. hope it helps. also mobile phone running or wifi on doesnt matter much but the back ground apps needs to be switched off

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are NO apps, on the entire app store, that can clean memory on any iOS device. This is a fact that can be verified by the developer manual for application submission that every developer has to sign off on (I know because I am a developer). Any app that claims otherwise is lying to get you to spend money.

Most reactions

Latest posts