What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for clearing background memory

goldenmillion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows what free app available to clear or free up system memory for my i pad?

Thanks first.

Regards

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure that there is an app that does that. I just do it myself fairly often. I've also read that those apps aren't really using any resources but I've also heard counter arguments to that. If you find such an app, it'd be interesting for sure.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows what free app available to clear or free up system memory for my i pad?

Thanks first.

Regards

Hello Goldenmillion,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried the following steps which should free up system memory.

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar double tap the 'home button ; press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again. Another way of opening the multi tasking bar is to use 4 fingers to swipe upwards on the screen.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' -

NOTE that none of this will alter your apps, files, or settings.

HTH

Richard Brown
A member of the iPF moderators' team.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd suggest you to do it on your own rather than using an app for this..

OP
G

goldenmillion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Brown and all who replied and advised.

Have a wonderful one.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app call free memory, really helps

London, UK

Attachments

• image-1966345867.jpg
    image-1966345867.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 399
  • image-4186732005.jpg
    image-4186732005.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 374
  • image-3334085107.jpg
    image-3334085107.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 382

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it " free memory " app compatible with iOS 7 and does it clean tem files or it deletes your photos and music, like other apps do?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it " free memory " app compatible with iOS 7 and does it clean tem files or it deletes your photos and music, like other apps do?

No such problems like deleting photos or files, otherwise I would not recommend or use it myself. Been using for 3 years now, was very helpful in my iPhone 3G which had low ram, so far works normally in ios7 which I downloaded last Thursday on the iPad 3

London, UK

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No such problems like deleting photos or files, otherwise I would not recommend or use it myself. Been using for 3 years now, was very helpful in my iPhone 3G which had low ram, so far works normally in ios7 which I downloaded last Thursday on the iPad 3 London, UK

I can't find it on the App Store How can I find it, buddy?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find it on the App Store dde1e How can I find it, buddy?

You are right, after reading your post I just checked the App Store and it's not there, as if apple removed it. So in a way my suggestion to use this app to the original poster is bogus if its not available anymore. I remember I paid for it, can't remember the exact price though. I wonder why apple removed it, this app is very helpful, it works brilliantly and makes life easier. Never had any problems with this app on the phones or my iPads, especially the iPad 1 which had low ram also

London, UK

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are right, after reading your post I just checked the App Store and it's not there, as if apple removed it. So in a way my suggestion to use this app to the original poster is bogus if its not available anymore. I remember I paid for it, can't remember the exact price though. I wonder why apple removed it, this app is very helpful, it works brilliantly and makes life easier. Never had any problems with this app on the phones or my iPads, especially the iPad 1 which had low ram also London, UK

Ah, thought it was a problem with my App Store country location! Thanks for making that clear.
I've purchased an app called iDelete and it has worked fine until now. But the only problem it has, is that it doesn't show what it deletes! But I noticed that it deletes Instagram temp files. Anyway, thank you.

Klevis.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, thought it was a problem with my App Store country location! Thanks for making that clear. I've purchased an app called iDelete and it has worked fine until now. But the only problem it has, is that it doesn't show what it deletes! But I noticed that it deletes Instagram temp files. Anyway, thank you. Klevis.

You are welcome, I don't use Instagram but use FlickR and as far as I can tell this Free memory app does not interfere with photo files, or any thing. Also it's nice to be able to see the list of files this app is working on to delete, not everything on the list is deleted. The Ram numbers in large, when it hits 700+ I press the home button to get out and go back to using youtube or other memory hard apps and they work smoothly.

London, UK

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are welcome, I don't use Instagram but use FlickR and as far as I can tell this Free memory app does not interfere with photo files, or any thing. Also it's nice to be able to see the list of files this app is working on to delete, not everything on the list is deleted. The Ram numbers in large, when it hits 700+ I press the home button to get out and go back to using youtube or other memory hard apps and they work smoothly. London, UK

Your app sounds really nice and it does the job! Pity that Apple has removed it! Like they've done with whatsapp for iPad!
My app usually deletes about 30+ MB of temp files. How about your app? And do you know if it has an official website on the internet?
Thank you.

Klevis.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your app sounds really nice and it does the job! Pity that Apple has removed it! Like they've done with whatsapp for iPad! My app usually deletes about 30+ MB of temp files. How about your app? And do you know if it has an official website on the internet? Thank you. Klevis.

Ok, good news and I hope its available in your country's App Store. I found this link to the website and it's the same app I use.
http://recessionapps.com/Free_Memory.html

I clicked on the App Store link on their website and it took me to my App Store and now it's available, below are the pictures from my App Store, it costs 69pence. Very weird because when I originally bought the app I found it right away and not look for it in a website. This app can increase ram by hundreds, I had as low as 40mb and it took it to 700 plus on iPad and 330mb on my iPhone 4s. Hope it helps and please update how it went with you.

London, UK

Attachments

• image-3769415591.jpg
    image-3769415591.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 315
  • image-405482300.jpg
    image-405482300.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 292
  • image-1059700819.jpg
    image-1059700819.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 296

Most reactions