What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Content Does Not Refresh

jordoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've scoured the net trying to find a solution to this, but to no avail. I have a number of applications whose content will not refresh.

For example:
BBC News App, is still showing the content from July 17 (it is now September 7)
ICatcher has not found a new podcast for days. I am subscribed to a BBC News feed which updates regularly, so I know for sure there should be podcasts available.
TuneIn Radio keeps playing the same feed from one of the podcasts they make available as a 'station' since the first time I listened to it

This problem only manifests itself on my home network. If I travel to a public wireless network somewhere, the app content will update no problem.

Has anyone seen something similar?

I have iPad 2 running 5.1.1, connecting to my home wireless network run by a Belkin wireless router.

Note: this problem is not that apps won't update, but app CONTENT won't update.

Cheers for any ideas

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try this....tap your home button twice rapidly....at the bottom it will show you the apps running in memory....tap and hold the problem app until it shakes and there will be a minus sign in the upper corner....tap to close the app...press your home button again to return to your home screen...restart the app and it should update the content.:D

OP
J

jordoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion rlappoint, but that does not work :( I actually close my apps frequently when not in use.

I guess it's good to note a restart of the iPad does not solve the problem either.

OP
J

jordoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This MAY have been implied, but the problem is related to the rss feeds in the app. I viewed the feed through a web browser, and can see the updates. So in one of the apps I modified the rss feed URL (by adding a '?') and the feed updated nice. But this kind of fix would mean I must manually alter the URL each time I want to update.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I had a feed that did not update, I got angry enough to delete that feed. Later I decided to try it again and it has updated properly since then. This was just one feed however, but maybe this will work for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts