What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using News apps offline

aM_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad everyday on the subway for a good 45 minutes on my way to work to read news on a number of different apps (New York Times; BBC; WSJ etc.)

Problem:
Obviously, I don't have any wifi or 3-g reception in the subway. This means that I have to manually go into each app before I leave home in the morning and wait for it to download offline content. Not only that, I have to scroll around to each news section in the app (e.g. I have to click on "headlines", "business", "opinions" etc.) otherwise that section will not get updated. Even after doing this, a lot of times many of the news articles will not have been downloaded and there will be something I really wanted to read on the subway that won't load.

Is there an easier way to do this? Is there an app that can "force download" offline content for these apps (for example, at a set time every morning it updates the content for all these apps)?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts