What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apotop Wi-Reader wireless reader/router

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It creates it's own local wifi network but it can also take a patch cable to operate as a router as well.The Archangel
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll order the DW17 and hope it will do the trick.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ordered the DW 17 from Amazon yesterday. They had only a few left. The item seems to be in demand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my DW17 yesterday. I'm hoping my husband will figure out how to use it for me, lol. If he doesn't, I will have to break down and figure it out.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for creating this thread and spreading word about this device, Gabriel.

I'm currently testing it wirelessly -- running two different movies on two devices at the same time (an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7) and it's working perfectly. We loaded the movies to an SD card. My husband also tried streaming a video and accessing docs via a flash drive earlier, which worked fine, too. Cheers!

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for creating this thread and spreading word about this device, Gabriel.

I'm currently testing it wirelessly -- running two different movies on two devices at the same time (an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7) and it's working perfectly. We loaded the movies to an SD card. My husband also tried streaming a video and accessing docs via a flash drive earlier, which worked fine, too. Cheers!

Thanks Kay, I'm glad that it's working for you, it's a fantastic little device and a worthy addition for those who travel as well as a good little tool for work as I used it to transfer documents that I was working on at the weekend.

The Archangel

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Gabe, Just now mail-delivered and now charging the 3 hour battery off the PCs USB slot. What a neat little unit and will be great when travelling! And your review now comes in very handy, thanks.
But a question. How do you charge it otherwise? There was no cable to connect to a wall power point, or a removable battery to be charged up via a charger.
Andrew

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gabe, Just now mail-delivered and now charging the 3 hour battery off the PCs USB slot. What a neat little unit and will be great when travelling! And your review now comes in very handy, thanks.
But a question. How do you charge it otherwise? There was no cable to connect to a wall power point, or a removable battery to be charged up via a charger.
Andrew

I just used my iPhone charger -- plugged the cord that came with the Apotop into the iPhone wall wart. Charges fine.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just used my iPhone charger -- plugged the cord that came with the Apotop into the iPhone wall wart. Charges fine.

Thanks for that Kay and (slaps his forehead hard) just as I was reading your comment had a lightbulb moment to check the standard iPad charger kit that I use every night. Of course that has the USB slot as well and now I'm charging off the wall. Thanks for the heads up. Problem that never existed, solved;)
Andrew

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for that Gabe. I just bought a Humax Fox T2 Freeview box,i'm wondering if it would work with that.

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused Ivy, I'm not sure how you want it to work with the Humax?

The Archangel
well it has wifi but it isn't built in,you need a dongle which you can buy from Humax but i'm told they are bit flaky. Someone else suggested a Home plug,when i saw this i wondered if it would work.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well it has wifi but it isn't built in,you need a dongle which you can buy from Humax but i'm told they are bit flaky. Someone else suggested a Home plug,when i saw this i wondered if it would work.

I just had a look at the Humax, the dongle makes it wireless so that it can connect to a network whereas this creates a network......so I am 99% certain that it won't do what you want.

As a heads up, on Amazon the description of the dongle includes a statement that a short extension lead will improve the performance of the dongle.

The Archangel

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had a look at the Humax, the dongle makes it wireless so that it can connect to a network whereas this creates a network......so I am 99% certain that it won't do what you want.

As a heads up, on Amazon the description of the dongle includes a statement that a short extension lead will improve the performance of the dongle.

The Archangel
Oh right,thank you Gabe. I'm still getting to grips with it so i haven't gone into the wifi side in any great detail yet. My previous one was a 4-5 yr old Daewoo so this is a whole new ball game.
I will have a look at the extension lead :)

Most reactions

Latest posts