What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APN Settings

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just signed up for att with my 3g iPad. My question...what are APM settings and do I need to "set" them?

Thanks.

CM
mildly pooter literate

Ascendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi CM,

APN stands for Access Point Name and refers to a carrier specific network path to connect to internet.

It would be very surprising if it wasn't configured correctly out of the box but if you are having problems try googling "ATT iPad APN" and you should find the right setting.

Best,
Marc

Last edited:

jopsych

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too

I have the same problem and I cannot find the APN settings

Spete672

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am having the same problem with my daughters that I just bought her. Mine worked right out box. Search for ATT Ipad Apn gave nothing helpful

Spete672

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am having the same problem with my daughters that I just bought her. Mine worked right out box. Search for ATT Ipad Apn gave nothing helpful

the post above yours has the settings right there.

Those settings are there-still doesn't work. Internet ,etc works fine when logged into my home wifi. Once out and about it doen't work.
Her cellular data plan is current etc. Any other thoughts?
Thanks

Spete672

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those ettings are there-still doesn't work. Internet, etc works fine when logged on to my home wifi. Doesn't work when not logged into that. Her cellular account is current and working. Any other ideas???
Thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Those ettings are there-still doesn't work. Internet, etc works fine when logged on to my home wifi. Doesn't work when not logged into that. Her cellular account is current and working. Any other ideas???
Thanks

Those are the correct settings for the iPad prepaid plans. If your still having issues than you should contact ATT.

Spete672

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did and they couldn't figure it so now have an open case with ATT awaiting resolution. Unfortuantely my iPad crashed yesterday while trying to download 3.01 update. I wound up with a final error code (1014) which was first the Apple tech had seen. So now is on the way to Apple for repair.

Most reactions

Latest posts