What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APN Setting not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

exilepa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and the iPad in general. Picked up my WiFi+AT&T iPad 2 today. I noticed I don't have any APN settings visible in order for me to configure a SIM other than AT&T in the device for use. Is this normal? I have a friend with an iPad that has taken his SIM from an AT&T air card and cut it down to work for a data in the iPad but he had to change some APN settings. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the issue is that, first of all, you have to initialise your iPad on the AT&T service - i.e. you have to use your iPad to sign up for an AT&T plan. Since this is a requirement, the iPad is pre-programmed with the AT&T APN. Once you've initialised your iPad in this way, you'll then find that the Settings menu has a new entry that allows you to enter/edit the APN, in case you ever need to insert another type of SIM card - say when you're overseas.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts