What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone tempted to sell their iPad?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill wait till ver. 3 although i want da cam bad. Not worth sellin g my ipad only to get way less thn what i paid for it. This aint no cheap piece of product to switch up all the time like that. See, this is what kills me, Apple could have easily released all the upgrades on ver. 2 the first time around. Anyway its just to compete n be on same level of new tablets coming. Version 3 will more thn likely be a huge leap. Now if version 2 has more RAM, cam, rumored usb mini port, then maybe ill get it.
They need to stop b.s.n and come with the drivers or software to add cam thru Usb cam connection kit. Then we really wouldnt see improvement in version 2. Tired of all the workarounds or jailbraking just to get features it should be able to do out the box.
They say jailbraking can mess up ur ipad, well mines no longer jailbroke n on this 3.2.2 ive never had my ipad reboot this much. It only seems to occur when scrolling thru saved pix album. Apple needs to accept the jailbrake n not void warranties cuz of it. Because their own firmware acts up even when not jailbroken...lmfao

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless the 2nd generation comes with more ram, I'll be holding out until the 3rd generation.

Have you experienced any issues with the amount if currently allotted ram? It's not like a pc where developers program for the highest specs you can have for best performance. There is only one iPad....so everything should run just fine with the amount of resources it has. If they offer a performance boost than I can understand it...otherwise your just buying a white sheet.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless the 2nd generation comes with more ram, I'll be holding out until the 3rd generation.

Have you experienced any issues with the amount if currently allotted ram? It's not like a pc where developers program for the highest specs you can have for best performance. There is only one iPad....so everything should run just fine with the amount of resources it has. If they offer a performance boost than I can understand it...otherwise your just buying a white sheet.
True, but once the new one is out, you might start seeing apps that only run in V2. I wouldnt worry much about that now though. Most developers are not going to want to alienate a large user base by developing that way. The 2nd gen will have to be out a while before that starts happening.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

True, but once the new one is out, you might start seeing apps that only run in V2. I wouldnt worry much about that now though. Most developers are not going to want to alienate a large user base by developing that way. The 2nd gen will have to be out a while before that starts happening.

That didn't happen on the iPhone until the 3rd gen....so I expect about the same from the iPad....you don't eol a device after a year of use....people are just getting used to it by then.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. With iOS 4.2 and multitasking the limits of the RAM in the 1st gen iPad will become significant. If Apple rectifies that with more memory in the next gen I will get the new iPad and my wife will happily take this one for herself.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, with Atomic you get a warning when you've got several windows open, especially if they're picture-heavy.
That's an easy one to solve!

ipad36.jpg

What? I'm just saying....!!!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, not at all. When the new one is released next year, I'll keep give this one to a friend or family member.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't sell but rather wait for iPad 3G to come out in Q2 of 2012. If the iPad is a big iPod touch then its' life cycle can't be more than 2 years or maybe 3 tops!

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I can transfer my $30/month unlimited 3G plan I might think about it.
I'm quite satisfied though.

Ndeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll wait for the 3rd gen. Will folks lose the locked in unlimited AT&T service if they switch devices, is it transferrable?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. With iOS 4.2 and multitasking the limits of the RAM in the 1st gen iPad will become significant. If Apple rectifies that with more memory in the next gen I will get the new iPad and my wife will happily take this one for herself.

Actually with the way iOS mutlitasking works you couldn't fill the ram if you opened every app on your device. It saves a very very small state file to the SSD (remember no moving parts on the memory so it loads instantly) so at any given time the only thing using actual ram is the OS and the current app...and if they current app is overflowing...well then it was written poorly and shouldn't have made it to the app store to begin with.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll wait for the 3rd gen. Will folks lose the locked in unlimited AT&T service if they switch devices, is it transferrable?

Most definately! If you lapse that plan for 1 month you will lose it...no doubt it is untransferable. AT&T doesn't want you to have that plan in the first place...it was just a bait and switch technique to get people to buy the 3G model.

Most reactions