What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know of an iPad Skin that works w/ Smart Cover on iPad 2?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is what I want too. A LeatherSkin compatible with with SmartCover would be great.

bnjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is an option for you. Right now you can buy a zagg leather skin for the OLD ipad for $25 and modify it yourself. I thought I'd give it a shot...and I honestly think it works great! Feels so much better in my hand and has a little texture to keep me from dropping it. I have the black leather smart cover as well, so this makes a pretty elegant case.

If you've got an X-acto knife and a steady hand, you can make this work. Cut the edge off for the hinge, and cut out for all the speakers, switches, camera, etc.

IMG_20110319_121229.jpg

Here's the hinge side.
IMG_20110319_121248.jpg

Last edited:

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any decal/skin will work with the smart cover. There are numerous threads on the smart cover, and the best we have found so far, that is an actual cover, is from Marware. It's available for pre-order on their sight, but not in stock yet.

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use the clear skinomi protectors, front and back. No issues with them and my smart case on at the same time. The skins come precut for the iPad 2.

OP
M

MuktownPat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great suggestions, I just ordered the Skinomi clear skin. I'll let you all know how it is once I get it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, it's a good skin. If you never put one of those kinds of skins on before, just watch the tutorial vids on skinomi's site. Was never a fan of "hiding" my iPad 1 or 2 behind an opaque back cover, so the skinomi works for me. I actually prefer the feel of the front protector over the non protected glass. The skin actually let's my fingers glide easier over the screen vs the glass.

Most reactions

Latest posts