What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever had water damage from applying the various skins to the iPad?

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone ever suffered from water damage to the iPad or iPad2 when attempting to apply the protective skins like Invisishield, Body Guardz, BSE to their devices?

I notice that there is a tiny gap all around the ridge of the screens and also there are some open ports on the bottom. I know that one would try to squeegee away the water from these areas but I am sure some water does flow over these areas specially the tiny ridge surrounding the screen when you squeegee the water over the edge...

:confused:

OP
I

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I guess this can be seen as great news as not one person has experienced as kind of water damage from the wet-application type of skin protectors. This means that Apple has sealed up the edges of the iPad2 screen very well, and formed a tight enough seal around the home button to prevent any kind of liquid seepage into the body from the surface of the device during the wet install process.

Guess this is quite a vote of confidence so that people need not worry that the squeegee action of removing the liquid under the protective skin during installation will get either into the Home button or around the rim of the screen!

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess this can be seen as great news as not one person has experienced as kind of water damage from the wet-application type of skin protectors.

Guess this is quite a vote of confidence

The interval between your posts is only five hours...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Half the world was still in bed whilst you were waiting you know!

Anyhoo, I have been a massive invisible skin fan for years and use it on all my devices from cameras, to phones, to iPad. I like to think I am quite skilled at application of it, and whilst always taking great care, I do use a lot of water to ensure I get a perfect application. Never once have I triggered the moisture sensors on any device.

Hope that helps.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol we have members plus visitors visitors cannot make posts so just be patient ok not every member lived on your time zone. I am 18 hours ahead. Cheers col

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No1zeppelinfan said:
Oh, I've never used water with my Belkin screen covers. Get a very good application as well :)

Nor should you need to. The shields in question are wet application only (they come with a spray bottle of solution). You actually cant put them on dry (not without messing them up royally!)

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No1zeppelinfan said:
Oh, I've never used water with my Belkin screen covers. Get a very good application as well :)

Nor should you need to. The shields in question are wet application only (they come with a spray bottle of solution). You actually cant put them on dry (not without messing them up royally!)

Ah, Never seen the wet app ones. I'd be too worried.

OP
I

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. You guys are right. Oops! Sorry about the fast conclusion to my own question. More time needs to be given for the question to be viewed by more folks.

But, I guess since the manufacturers of these products have probably tested their stuff and since literally thousands have been sold with no big headlines like 'The wet ------ skin installation destroyed my iPad!', I think it's safe to assume that in the case of the iPad/iPad2, it seems that wet applications are relative safe.

Most reactions

Latest posts