What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else so disappointed they want to cry?

lacyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was quite upset wiith how much hype there was around it to be so simple.

OP
L

lacyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The hype around, I thought it was going to have so many new fetures, but it turned out there wasn't as many as I thought.

dlam9946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think I would ever cry over an Apple product let alone any product

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The excitement around a new generation of an apple product is not because it will be so vastly different from the previous generation (although every few generations there is a vast difference.) The excitement is around the brand. Apple consistently puts out good products, they are uber-secretive which builds suspense and anticipation, and they develop with the end user in mind which causes the end user to be extremely loyal.

They will not reinvent the wheel with every generation. They have a much more focused development plan that allows for major changes every two or three generations and incremental change in between.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Apple has kept the iPad fresh and on the leading edge of the industry with this chapter . Esthetics were always there. You did get 8mm's more IPad this time around though.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seriously question the mental health of anyone who would cry over an electronic gadget.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea what the Op is thinking. This is exactly the iPad I was expecting with the level of technology we have today. In fact it will be my first iPad (owning an android tablet) as I was waiting for high resolution (I cannot stand reading on low res screens)

If you are disappointed, please post what exactly were you expecting?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Apple has kept the iPad fresh and on the leading edge of the industry with this chapter . Esthetics were always there. You did get 8mm's more IPad this time around though.

I think you mean .8 mm more - it's a huge difference.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. At first I was disappointed that it didn't have the quad core processor and the 8 megapixal camera that the Asus Prime came out with before the new year but Apple does more with less consistently! Now I'm very excited about the retina display, the major bump in the rear camera, the quad core graphics processor, the extra 512 in ram, and of course some revamped stock apps! Oh will Friday ever get here!

lique831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the "rumors" were pretty much true. What exact features were you expecting?

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe he wanted an octocore CPU with USB support so you can hook up a mouse to it? The iPad 3 pretty much has everything I wanted plus more. Thank god for 1 gig of ram.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. At first I was disappointed that it didn't have the quad core processor and the 8 megapixal camera that the Asus Prime came out with before the new year but Apple does more with less consistently! Now I'm very excited about the retina display, the major bump in the rear camera, the quad core graphics processor, the extra 512 in ram, and of course some revamped stock apps! Oh will Friday ever get here!

Listen, I get that, I'm a geek. I want more CPU cores - but really I am a realist first, all I really want is fast response time, and if one table will give me faster response time with 2 cores than a table with 16 - I'll take the table with two cores.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It didn't make me want to pre order but I will be trading up so I can get the 4G hotspot. That's a plus!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts