What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Else Have This Problem?

OP
D

davyvfr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had done several restores from iTunes even as you did, start from scratch and not load from a previous backup. Unfortunately the problem continued. One of the differences between a normal restore and a DFU restore is that it allows the firmware to be updated, which relates to the WiFi. DFU (device firmware upgrade), it basically puts the iPad in a state which the firmware may be updated as opposed to just the software.

Nice, I will let Ipad Forums know if they do a DFU Restore. That just might fix my problem

OP
D

davyvfr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple replaced my iPad and this one is smoking fast on Wifi. The Genius didn't even question me because of all the research I did.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple replaced my iPad and this one is smoking fast on Wifi. The Genius didn't even question me because of all the research I did.

Awesome! Glad to hear they helped you out. Keep us posted how it works out down the line. I may still take mine back again because FaceTime is still giving me some issues.

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you need to buy your ipad from apple store to have help from them or just the aftercare pack.

OP
D

davyvfr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear they helped you out. Keep us posted how it works out down the line. I may still take mine back again because FaceTime is still giving me some issues.

What problem are you having exactly with FaceTime? I found out the ones in the non retail box are better than the ones you buy at the store. And just to mention, the Genius said the iPhone has faster wifi

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What problem are you having exactly with FaceTime? I found out the ones in the non retail box are better than the ones you buy at the store. And just to mention, the Genius said the iPhone has faster wifi

Whenever I FaceTime I constantly get the "Poor Connection" image appear and the screen goes black and sometimes completely drops the call. It is not my internet, as I am getting 30mps upload and 10mps download with an Apple Airport Extreme. When I make the call with my iPhone I never have issues, and I even nabbed my old iPad 2 that I gave to my mom and took it home and made the call without any problems. Strange! thanks for your info...

Most reactions

Latest posts