What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any reason to keep Rock

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any reason to keep this app since it got bought by cydia?

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When open it,it just says go to cydia..

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr Gee, you must have installed the 'essential' Rock update that Cydia put out for it after they bought it. Because my Rock still works fine (except I have to turn down the update every time I open it). I'm keeping Rock until the bitter end.

OzzieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's rock?

It's a repository just like cydia. Loads faster, better interface, better in general. There are this who hate it, bit I'm one who loves it for it's ease of use and streamlined GUI

For me it was a love/hate relationship. I loved it for all the same reasons as you, but utterly HATED how it would lock up my iPad if there was any less than 100MB RAM available when the app was started. I also hated the fact that you could only install purchased apps on a single device, whereas Cydia is like Apple, allowing you to install purchased apps on multiple devices.

nickbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I removed it. That didn't cause any issue.
Everything is in Cydia now.

Most reactions