What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any iPad tansfer can support pdf/epub ebooks?

Greenbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am Bob, a college student, i bought a iPad this semester. And i am new to iPad and i want to get some ipad tips or some recommendations from your guys.

Recently, i am fascinated in reading ebooks with my iPad. My friend gives me a good website to download the pdf ebooks, but it seems i can not put it into my ipad directly.

I plan to download 4Media ipad PDF Transfer which on the top page of google search, but i am not sure how to use it. Does this software supports free trial? Support new ipad 4? I need help on it.

Ps: my computer is Mac.

OP
G

Greenbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How should i do next?
m-ipad-pdf-transfer-for-mac.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

Greenbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems the pic is too large, how can i edit it ? Help.......:eek:

jefffanguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boy, it is midnight. People is sleeping .....

I know some about 4Media, because i had written reviews for it. You can read my review or google 4Media iPad PDF Transfer instruction.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know anything about 4Media app, but there are several ways to get standard public domain PDF's onto your iPad.

One way is to download Apple's free reader called iBooks. While this app is used primarily to purchase and read books from Apple's iBook Store, it also has a fairly decent PDF reader. Transferring PDF's is a little convoluted, but it is free! All you do is find your PDF file and copy it (Not sure how this is done on a Mac). Then go to iTunes then select Books from the left pane under the Library section and then you can paste it into the Books (or use Edit | Paste). But you're not done yet! Now sync your iPad and your PDF will be transferred onto it.

ibooks1.jpg

The other, and much easier way, is to purchase the GoodReader app for a whopping 99¢. Once you have it, hook up your iPad to your PC and start iTunes. Select your iPad on the left pane under Devices and select the Apps tab at the top of the screen. Once there, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see a section called File Sharing. Click on GoodReader then click the Add button. This will bring up a screen where you can navigate to the folder where your PDF file is kept.

itunes17.jpg

Another nice option with GoodReader is that you can put your files on a "cloud" like DropBox or Box.net. The only issue with this is that you have to be connected to the Internet in order to use it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
G

Greenbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and it seems iBooks is more easy to handle.
Good luck with you.:)

jefffanguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks is good but it has limitation durning PDF tranfering. Good Reader is strange with me and my circle. 4Media iPad PDF is better, it deserves a try.

gina423

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Bob,

I was wondering what site you know of to download college ebooks. My school currently gives the ebooks to us but I am have g a very difficult time getting an app that is able to read them on here because they are username and password protected.

Thank you,

Gina

Most reactions

Latest posts