What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any iPad 2ers Having Good Success with iOS 8?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold
The buttons down until the apple logo shows
Then release the buttons

It could be a faulty 3G modem. Best go to a Telstra shop to verify

Where in Qld are yu?

BertieBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I should have said telstra 3G. I will do the wi fi reset when I get home as you suggested, but for now I need to get my 3G to not drop out. I read in one reply about a reset, it said to press power and home button at the same time. When I do this it takes a screen shot. Am I doing something wrong. Also the Internet is so slow when it is working. I read this is possibly an issue with 8.0.2 but not sure. I am not techie.
All help appreciated

I upgraded my iPad 2 to IOS 8 and immediately suffered the same problem with Telstra Bigpond 3G. "No Service". Subsequent upgrading to 8.0.1 then 8.0.2 made no difference.

My iPhone 4 running on IOs 7.x alongside the iPad has strong signal and no problems. The No Service issue occurs frequently and intermittently and mostly seems to occur when the iPad goes to sleep. As often as not WiFi is also lost and the only recovery is to Reset Network Settings of restart.

I do not believe this is a hardware fault, it is related to IOS 8.x.x

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My feeling is that the only reason Apple allowed the iPad 2 access to iOS 8 was that they knew there would be so many with problems, which now are insurmountable because we can't downgrade anymore, that would probably "encourage" users to upgrade.

Money means more that loyalty as far as Apple are concerned [emoji35]

OP
cruiser111

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My feeling is that the only reason Apple allowed the iPad 2 access to iOS 8 was that they knew there would be so many with problems, which now are insurmountable because we can't downgrade anymore, that would probably "encourage" users to upgrade.

Money means more that loyalty as far as Apple are concerned [emoji35]

Not too sure that's a valid motivation for Apple. They would then also risk losing customers. There are some pretty good options out there. And many for considerably less money.

There will, hopefully, be forthcoming updates addressing the various bugs, including those experienced with the iPad 2.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you reset it after updating? Press Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up.

Mine was slow too after the update, so I used iTunes to restore it. It's working better now, it seems to have solved the sometimes not responsive Home button issue I had. So if resetting doesn't help, try restoring it. Hopefully it will help you as well.

Last edited:

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I honestly want to throw my iPad out the window after upating. So sorry I did this. It constantly drops wifi, it is so slow loading anything, I have removed apps, rebooted 10 times, etc. and it's the same, it's horrible. It barely works at this point.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the fixes in 8.1 is "In addition to new features, iOS 8.1 includes fixes issues with connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices, poor WiFi performance with certain routers"

Hopefully it gets a bit more stable.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I agree. No more hesitation, no slow apps.

Do download and install vie iTunes - less room taken up on iPad.

Oh, and do try to leave sufficient space for the IOS to 'breathe'. I have found that if space is at a premium the IOS struggles. Certainly leave at least 25% memory free and perceived problems will almost certainly disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions