What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any accessory for using pen drive / external hard disk?o

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody

Is there any accessory (whether by Apple or by a 3rd party vendor) to make use of the iPad3 with an external hardisk or with a pen drive? I would like to use it this way for viewing photos, listening to music & watch video tutorials from external devices.

My iPad3 is only a 16 GB one. I now find this insufficient.

Thanks in advance
PRSS

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photos can be transfered to the iPad from a SD card/USB as long as you have the proper adapter and the files are stored in a folder named DCIM (mimicking a camera storage). For other types of files you'll need to jailbreak your device but there is no guarantee that your pen/hard drive will be recognize by your iPad.

My advice is to invest in a device such as iUSBport (100 bucks in Amazon) which turns any USB storage into a wireless device allowing you to access your contents over a wifi connection.

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the replies. You have suggested useful devices.

With best regards
PRSS

Most reactions