What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD and Mini Mac use with external hard drive

toddnnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im very new to apple but a quick convet now that I added my mac mini with my 2 ipads, I am in need of help about using an external hard drive with my mac mini and also my ipad.

I have always used an extrnal hard drive to back up photos and documents with my windows desktop and now I would like to use those files with my mac mini and ipad, do I just plug and play or will this reformat and erase the extrnal hard drive contents?

I have pages, imovie, and Iphoto already and am wanting to rid myself of windows machines but need to make sure I can use these files on my macs first. For ipad I have the usb camera connector so can i use my external hard drive usb to it and transfer files to ipad as well as do I just hook up usb from ext hard drive to mac mini?

any help would be very appreciated! Todd

Most reactions