What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animated wallpaper on ipad

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was just wondering if it is possible to have animated wallpaper on the iPad yet. If yes can you let me know how it can be done or of any recommended websites or apps.

Cheers

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was just wondering if it is possible to have animated wallpaper on the iPad yet. If yes can you let me know how it can be done or of any recommended websites or apps.

Cheers

basic answer yes.....if you're jailbroken. you can find many animated wallpaper's in cydia that work in conjunction with winterboard. Just as long they say are compatible with 4.2.1 or whatever firmware you are using.

for example look for nexus live wallpaper in cydia...

hope this helps....

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, yes it does. Is it possible to jailbreak the iPad 2?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet - but they're working on it and a solution is close - days - away, or so the rumour-mill has it...

Tim
Scotland

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not yet - but they're working on it and a solution is close - days - away, or so the rumour-mill has it...

Tim
Scotland

I apologize for bumping an old topic, but did anything ever come of this? I'd really love some animated wallpapers for my ipad 2.

anika_perry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have any idea for a live wallpaper that doesn't consume too much battery?

igipf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to ask the same as Anika, even so i think all animated wallpapers will consume much more battery than a regular, but to minimize it i think a darker image will can do a bit of a diference.

Most reactions