What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst Says Apple Will No Longer Be Cool in 2012

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fact every household will have at least 2 Apple devices by 2015 thus achieving Apple's goal to rule the world via Orwellian style!!!

Just kidding OR AM I :p

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it's almost 2013 and Apple is still going strong. I plan on taking the full Mac plunge and get an iMac when the new version is released. I don't need I laptop as I am always on the iPad.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dlo said:
How could you not agree that the Apple store has more apps!? I actually laughed. Thanks for the good chuckle.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

Dont apple have like btw 500k to 1 million between All three markets: Mac, pad, and phone? How else do you hit 25 billion plus in 5 years. To my knowledge ppl Dload more than fb, twitter, apple store, ipf, and Netflix. Lol.

Google play is definitely a positive push for android market, but they can't move things fast enough.

Cough cough. Google is "non-partisan" money is money. Btw: GOOGLE DRIVE anyone?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android is winning in market share but iOS is more profitable and that's the metric that matters.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

It'definite to make the most money, but there's room for many companies in the marketplace. Being No. 2 or 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm glad for competition and don't feel invested in any brand being No. 1 or such. If someone makes something I find useful, it doesn't matter to me whether they make the most money in their field.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixing for typo:
It's definitely nice to make the most money, but there's room for many companies in the marketplace. Being No. 2 or 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm glad for competition and don't feel invested in any brand being No. 1 or such. If someone makes something I find useful, it doesn't matter to me whether they make the most money in their field.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it's almost 2013 and Apple is still going strong. I plan on taking the full Mac plunge and get an iMac when the new version is released. I don't need I laptop as I am always on the iPad.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

The reminder that I set last year popped up a few minutes ago. It seems to me that Apple is still a leader and going strong. It would be interesting to see if the author of the initial article still feels the same.

Android is winning in market share but iOS is more profitable and that's the metric that matters.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Yes, Android is winning the market. Apple has remained with just one product while Google has opened their OS to a number of different vendors.

I've have phones with iOS and Android. Both have advantages but I prefer iOS.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reminder that I set last year popped up a few minutes ago. It seems to me that Apple is still a leader and going strong. It would be interesting to see if the author of the initial article still feels the same.

He's probably analyzing employment opportunities as we speak.

Seriously though, he's right. Apple is no longer "cool". It's a very profitable business selling high quality products, but its become mainstream. You don't have to be a geek to want their products now, and their computers are serious contenders as everyone's main computer now.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It'definite to make the most money, but there's room for many companies in the marketplace. Being No. 2 or 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

Apples competitors are far, far behind in terms of profit. It is important that companies earn a decent profit else they might not be around to support their products.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
He's probably analyzing employment opportunities as we speak.

Seriously though, he's right. Apple is no longer "cool". It's a very profitable business selling high quality products, but its become mainstream. You don't have to be a geek to want their products now, and their computers are serious contenders as everyone's main computer now.

That's a good way of putting it. Figures that I've never had any Apple products before my current iPad. I never had a "bask in the coolness" or "hey look at me" period. Damnit all! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good way of putting it. Figures that I've never had any Apple products before my current iPad. I never had a "bask in the coolness" or "hey look at me" period. Damnit all! :)

Well, I was a geek long before it was cool to be a geek. I always hated Apple equipment, because I used to dabble in networking, and couldn't be bothered learning an OS that wasn't in widespread use. Now I've had a chance to actually look at the things, I find that I want one very badly. Not because they are cool, but because they are exactly what they should be.

Incidentally, my last post was based on the title of the thread alone. I didn't read the body text. Seems the analyst found as many ways as he could to jam his foot in his mouth, sideways. He must be red faced now.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apples competitors are far, far behind in terms of profit. It is important that companies earn a decent profit else they might not be around to support their products.

That's a given: Make money or go out of business. But that doesn't mean there's not room for multiple companies.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a given: Make money or go out of business. But that doesn't mean there's not room for multiple companies.

The more the merrier. Competition is good for consumers, as you've often pointed out, Kay. I just think a lot of us are getting tired of the circling vultures, who seem to be almost praying for a catastrophic failure on Apple's part, so they have something to report for a few days, until the NEXT BIG THING blows up.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more the merrier. Competition is good for consumers, as you've often pointed out, Kay. I just think a lot of us are getting tired of the circling vultures, who seem to be almost praying for a catastrophic failure on Apple's part, so they have something to report for a few days, until the NEXT BIG THING blows up.

That's probably human -- people in general are interested when things go wrong, when there's drama. That's what news focuses on, because that's what gets read.

In Apple's case, there's probably bitterness among techies who like lots of customability, because Apple's success has influenced the industry toward less access in some cases. It's two types of customers, and the techies probably feel threatened, because they worry that they will be served less and less in the marketplace.

There are some people who also don't like exclusivity, which Apple's higher prices have equated to. Some people are bitter because they can't afford Apple, and some people just disdain spending more for convenience that they don't value (even though others might).

Most reactions

Latest posts