What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An idea for an app...

NJM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is possible...but I'm sure anythings possible with the right programmer. There should be an app to link your iPad and iPhone over Bluetooth and have it link your SMS from your iPhone to your iPad. When connected and you received a SMS on your iPhone the notification would pop up on the iPad if the iPad was in use. If it was sleeping it would go to the iPhone. Any message sent using the iPad would also need to show up in the SMS application on the iPhone as well (that would just be annoying if it didn't).

Not sure how hard this would be to make or if it's possible...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is possible...but I'm sure anythings possible with the right programmer. There should be an app to link your iPad and iPhone over Bluetooth and have it link your SMS from your iPhone to your iPad. When connected and you received a SMS on your iPhone the notification would pop up on the iPad if the iPad was in use. If it was sleeping it would go to the iPhone. Any message sent using the iPad would also need to show up in the SMS application on the iPhone as well (that would just be annoying if it didn't).

Not sure how hard this would be to make or if it's possible...

Welcome to the Forum and many thanks for your very interesting idea. I'm sure you'll have set some people thinking about this.

I know that Bluetooth on the iPad is restricted and only certain devices are supported - so Bluetooth headsets are OK, but Bluetooth printers don't work. So there may be an issue there if you try to link the iPad and an iPhone.

Some third party apps offer a 'free' SMS service that uses the iPad's 3G connection to send text messages from a remote server - it's not true SMS in the sense that it's not coming directly as a text message over the 3G network to your iPad but it sort of works....

Hope to hear more from you soon. Please post all your thoughts and experiences - we're all iPad enthusiasts here, so we're always looking forward to hearing about anything to do with the iPad....

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts