What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMS app for Ipad ?

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just sharing my experience, i used a sim card that is capable of making voice calls, sms and also data enabled. Previously i only use SwirlySMS and yes i can send out sms without issues.

After a restore to 4.3.3 i took the plunge and installed phoneIt, yes i get iphone-like sms and also able to make calls as well. Again no problem and it worked.

Just make sure that your sim is not a data-only sim like most providers offers for ipad bundled packages.

alphatan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SwirlySMS work best for my iPad2, from Malaysia and using data plan. Does anyone know how it charge per SMS?

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SwirlySMS work best for my iPad2, from Malaysia and using data plan. Does anyone know how it charge per SMS?

That, you'd have to ask your service provider for the cost of sms.

Swirlysms is a free download from cydia and it doesnt charge per sms sent.

Last edited:

andi a abass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andre,

As you are from Malaysia, assumed that you mobile carrier is either celcom, maxis or digi.

Do you have to subscribe to a special external service facility or the sms operation functions like the simple sms opeartion already provided for by carriers like celcom, maxis, etc.

I have a 3G voice, data card in my ipad.

I tried the sms service available on "VIBER" software. There was a catch. SMS facility only works for phones with "viber" installed.

There is a new sms apps in itune, called 1TapSMS. Anyone care to comment on the apps.

Rgds

Most reactions

Latest posts