What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An app that turns on/shuts down iPad at specific time?

New Daddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've now converted my old iPad into a digital photo frame, using the iOS' own photo slide function.
A very nice one at that too.

There is one shortcoming: I can't control when the photo frame should turn on and shut down.
Ideally, I would like the iPad to turn on in the morning and shut down at night.

Is there an app that turns on/shuts down iPad at specific time?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You wouldn't find an app like that in the App Store as the iOS sandboxing rules wouldn't give an app the power to affect things system wide in order to turn the iPad on and off. If it were possible to turn off the iPad like you want, once turned off, there would be no way for that app to turn the iPad on again.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've now converted my old iPad into a digital photo frame, using the iOS' own photo slide function.
A very nice one at that too.

There is one shortcoming: I can't control when the photo frame should turn on and shut down.
Ideally, I would like the iPad to turn on in the morning and shut down at night.

Now, I don't know which iOS is installed on your old iPad which may impact on whether my suggestion(s) might partly serve your purposes - but I have an old iPod Touch w/ over 100 hrs of music - an old iOS is on the device but I use the 'Clock' app at bedtime, set the timer for 2 hours, start some music which shuts off after that time - not going to be that automatic, but you might want to explore that app on the iPad - there are plenty of options, but will really not be as 'hands off' as you may desire - good luck. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts