What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Music app has weird audio flutter effect during playback of some songs on iPad Air 2

th3winkl3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have a 32GB, wifi-only iPad Air 2 (iOS 10.2 14C92) that I recently purchased to replace another one that was accidentally damaged. I use the Amazon Music app to stream music from Amazon Unlimited, and I noticed, both on my first iPad and the new one, that certain songs (sometimes several songs on a single album) exhibit a severe "fluttering" effect in the audio. I initially though this was a network problem, so I ignored it figuring that it would eventually correct itself. However, I found that my network connection was fine and that the issue happens consistently on every playback of all the same songs.

I installed the Amazon Music app on my MacBook and a couple different Android devices, and I found that the weird "fluttering" audio effect does not manifest itself during playback of the same songs on those devices.

I'm just curious if other folks using the Amazon Music app on the iPad Air 2 are experience this as well, and if anyone knows why this is happening or if there is a user-implementable solution available. If you happen to have an iPad Air 2, running the Amazon Music app with Amazon Unlimited, try playing the John Lennon song "Going Down on Love" from the Walls and Bridges (2010 - Remaster) album. This one seems to provide the best example of this weird audio effect.

Hopefully this hasn't already been mentioned somewhere else, but I didn't come across it in a search. I appreciate any suggestions or anyone who can confirm they've experienced this as well (just so I don't feel alone...ha ha ha).

Thank you!
Matthew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I remember, this hasn't been mentioned before.

I'm using Amazon Music on my iPad Pro 12.9, as well as an iPhone 7 Plus. I can hear the effect you're mentioning on both devices. Just to assure you're not the only one experiencing that fluttering effect. :)

I can't tell you why that's happening, though, and how to solve it. Sorry! It looks like you can hear that effect on all the iDevices.

The same song plays without that effect when I listen to it on the built in Music app, btw.

Last edited:
OP
T

th3winkl3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I remember, this hasn't been mentioned before.

I'm using Amazon Music on my iPad Pro 12.9, as well as an iPhone 7 Plus. I can hear the effect you're mentioning on both devices. Just to assure you're not the only one experiencing that fluttering effect. :)

I can't tell you why that's happening, though, and how to solve it. Sorry! It looks like you can hear that effect on all the iDevices.

The same song plays without that effect when I listen to it on the built in Music app, btw.

Thank you for checking this out and confirming you're hearing it as well. And good to know about the built-in Music app! Thank you for that info!

Matthew

Most reactions

Latest posts