What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for music streaming/syncing between desktop/ipad/iphone

rynmgdlno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'd like to accomplish is to be able to use my iPhone 4s to control playback (just simple play, pause, skip, volume and hopefully browsing) of music, which is stored on my desktop in my office, but using the iPad as the actual "stereo" or output of the music basically. The remote app works great when I want to control playback from the desktop. And home sharing works great when I want to listen to my library on my iPad. I tried an app called Remote HD that partially worked but 1) didn't display any artist/song info or offer browsing and 2) once idle for any amount of time required 2+ mins to resync, rendering it useless (it would be quicker to go to the desktop, let alone the iPad to change a track). The best hypothetical solution I could see would be to actually stream (as oppose to sync) my desktop to the ipad (like an airport express?) and just use the Remote app. Is there any way to do this?

Most reactions

Latest posts