What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am i Doomed

sawadeekap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused:
My 3g ipad 2 16gb froze/brick on me today..
Been trying to DFU whole day today.
It wont get out of DFU mode after restore(error 1013)
Getting error 3194(i did the host altering) fix that.. then 1013(some website says its normal to have it)... but still i cant get it to home screen..

my question is can my ipad2 restore to the original 4.3.3 or i am doom with the 4.3.4??? and i think i forgot to do the shsh and blob thing..

Thanks for the help ya..

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you had jailbroken on 4.3.3 and chose "make my life easier" in Cydia, you probably have 4.3.3 blobs.

To rest your nerves, no consumer without major hacking skills can brick the iPad. It is nearly impossible.

So, maybe you aren't doing DFU right?
Power and home for 10 sec, release power but keep holding home until iTunes recognizes it. Hit restore.

OP
S

sawadeekap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, Thanks for the advice..

iTunes did recognize me in DFU but after a while in the mid of restoring error 1013 came up. So I'm doom right(restore with 4.3.4)?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must use the latest version of TinyUmbrella to restore a 3G iPad2. It is the only tool with the correct code to avoid the new state iPad2's find themselves in after an unsuccessful baseband install (error 1013)

Download TU.
Connect your device (not in DFU mode. Must be recovery mode)
Highlight the device in the side panel of TU by clicking on it.
Go to advanced tab and tick the 2nd and 3rd options relating to Cydia.
Press "Save SHSH"
Now UNTICK both the 2nd and 3rd options
Press "Save SHSH"
Switch back to the main tab on TU
You now have a list of all the SHSH Blobs which you are entitled to. If 4.3.3 is not in the list you are out of luck. As a minimum you will have 4.3.4 and the 5.x betas.

I will assume you have 4.3.3 in this list.

Now you must press "Start TSS Server"
Put your device into DFU Mode
Press shift-restore (or option-restore on OSX) in iTunes and pick the 4.3.3 firmware for your iPad2. If you do not have it, download it from our sticky post in this section.

Now TU should work it's magic and you should have a restored iPad2 on 4.3.3.

Last edited:

Most reactions