What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost 3 Million sold in first month

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The word is out that the iPad 2 sold about 2.8 million copies in March. They would have sold more, but they were hampered by the shortage of glass covers for the touch screens. They sold 300,000 the first day. In comparison, the Xoom sold only 100,000 since it was released before the iPad 2 in February.

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slate after slate, millions sold!

this question is off topic i know but does anybody know how many iphone 4s were sold in its first month?

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 fever. I'm glad I was part of the sales numbers on launch day.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just that

The word is out that the iPad 2 sold about 2.8 million copies in March. They would have sold more, but they were hampered by the shortage of glass covers for the touch screens. They sold 300,000 the first day. In comparison, the Xoom sold only 100,000 since it was released before the iPad 2 in February.

They sold JUST 300,000 on launch day? That number just seems low to me??? And that can't possibly include online sales?

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just passing on what is being reported. It was also said the iPad was outselling the Xoom by 65:1, but the numbers sold is saying 260:1, so more details are needed. I expect the Xoom numbers are accurate, but do not forget the Galaxy Tab made a claim of millions, only to have it get out that it was the number sold to retailers and not to customers. What may be an interesting number would the number of returns per thousand.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
do not forget the Galaxy Tab made a claim of millions, only to have it get out that it was the number sold to retailers...What may be an interesting number would the number of returns per thousand.

I can't make my mouth big enough to say

WOW!

Most reactions