What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All wallpapers look terrible

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I set a new wallpaper, one that's supposed to be the size of the iPad, it zooms in and makes it blurry. If I try to zoom out, it is then not big enough to fit the screen. This is vey frustrating because only one wallpaper that I've tried has worked and I don't like it that much.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mollesdk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I will say that you are wrong, but the camera in the IPAD is bad to bad...(VGA quality)
I have a wide number of pictures >10000 from a digital camera stored at my IPAD, I select one and it looks perfect.
My advice to you is to upload pictures to your IPAD and use one of these as background. Good luck Bendt

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever I set a new wallpaper, one that's supposed to be the size of the iPad, it zooms in and makes it blurry. If I try to zoom out, it is then not big enough to fit the screen. This is vey frustrating because only one wallpaper that I've tried has worked and I don't like it that much.

Hi rtruett--Sorry if I misunderstood. When you mean "zoom" are you referring to the 2 finger swipe?

Not sure if this is your problem, but check to see if it is an issue with the zoom function. Typically, it is controlled by a 3 finger tap.

Check to see if you have your zoom on. To verify go to iPad settings/general settings/accessibility/zoom.

See if that was accidentally turned on. It is for visual limitations.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Whenever I set a new wallpaper, one that's supposed to be the size of the iPad, it zooms in and makes it blurry. If I try to zoom out, it is then not big enough to fit the screen......

Hi Rtruett - are you using the wallpapers provided on the iPad 2 or those that you have added to the Photo app? If the latter, then the pixel size of the images may be too small and when expanded to fit the iPad screen will look pixelated.

The iPad screen has a 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi) and ideal size wallpapers are 1024 x 1024 - not sure if this is your problem but an answer to the above question might help us provide better advice.

Also keep in mind that there are plenty of HD wallpaper sites on the web (just do some googling of 'iPad wallpaper') - good luck!
:)

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the Ipad is automatically rezooming your pic, you could try merging it onto a black background of the correct size as mentioned above. An app called PhotoWizard will do this (and more).

OP
R

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem wasn't with the camera. I decided to just get new wallpapers (from fiftyfootshadows.net). They look pretty good, thank you for all of the responses though!

Attachments

• image-4247865182.jpg
    image-4247865182.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 690
  • image-2350071751.jpg
    image-2350071751.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 865
  • image-3088966606.jpg
    image-3088966606.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 580
  • image-3232918780.jpg
    image-3232918780.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 609

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great that you got it resolved......your previous wallpapers must have been the wrong size.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts