What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Video - best 3$ I ever spent in the iTunes store

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a great application. Not only does it stream multiple types of video with great quality via WiFi right to the iPad, you can click 'convert' and have a copy made (on your computer) to drop right into iTunes. And you can start the conversion request from the iPad even.

Why bother messing with Handbrake anymore, I can queue video conversions remotely from the iPad!

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second that. Its the first paid app I purchased. For those interested you can try out the free version as well. I use it a few times a week.

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And you have a slider control (0-100%) to adjust the quality of the converted file. I left it at 70%, and looked amazing still. Took a 4.3GB MKV file and dropped the size to 2.5GB

(720P .mkv copy of Avatar)

Last edited:

jdvillegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this app from xxxxxxxxxx and this is probably the best app in the store. It also works with the vga adapter and it looks stunning on a LCD flat screen. Essentially this replaced my dvd player. Once quicktime is able to play .mt2 files I'm sure you be able to view blue ray soft copies if you have 802.11 N

Last edited by a moderator:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Air Video too. At first I bought a 32GB iPad in case I'd use video and music but with Air Video there's no need for that so I still have 18free gigs.

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a great application. Not only does it stream multiple types of video with great quality via WiFi right to the iPad, you can click 'convert' and have a copy made (on your computer) to drop right into iTunes. And you can start the conversion request from the iPad even.

Why bother messing with Handbrake anymore, I can queue video conversions remotely from the iPad!

Hi got a question for you.. when I click on convert, it always crashes my Win 7 notebook.. have you encountered this on your side?

I'm using the Paid Air Video copy as well..

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi got a question for you.. when I click on convert, it always crashes my Win 7 notebook.. have you encountered this on your side?

Is it a higher end laptop? I just have a 3ghz duo pc doing the work....win7 as well.....

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as i get my desktop up and running again I'm going to use the he'll out of this app! Really is great!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Air Video is great, but I have since converted to Stream to Me. It does audio and more formats on the desktop side.

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is it a higher end laptop? I just have a 3ghz duo pc doing the work....win7 as well.....

Mine is an i5 4gb notebook.. It works for a while but lately, whenever I click on convert, it will crash (blue screen)..
Will try to reinstall again ..

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts