What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

after iPad 9.7 screen replacement I'm having an issue

Dr.360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all

i replaced my 9.7 iPad screen myself. Reassembled it and now after about 2-2.5 mins the iPad shuts down/off and reboots automatically. Battery is fine and holding charge. I tried a force quit and even erased entire iPad. Still happening. I assume I disconnect or damaged something. I plan to reopen and make sure everything is connected as it should be. Any advice on what I should double check that would be causing this? Everything I read says it’s a software issue. I suspect a hardware issue since it just started after my repair?

One video instructed me to place a plastic pick between the battery and the connector after removing the screw that holds down the connector and large cover. I found this difficult to slightly pry up the batt connector. Perhaps it is glued? The plastic pick just seemed to had trouble prying up a little. Im guessing the connectors for the screen are good since it work fine for the 2.5 min it is booted. the only other problem I had was when I removed the cover with the 11 screws that covers the battery connector I accidentally pried up a thick black wire that had a 90 degree connector on it . I believe it was glued down. I was careful to push that back down.

Can anyone give me advice and thank you for your time.

Here is the YouTube video I used.

Most reactions