What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After iOS5 upgrade problem with email sender name on iPad1

trickyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something weird happened when I upgraded my iPad. I moved my email to use Microsoft Exchange. Now the "sender name" is no longer my name, but rather my email account user name.

Here are my settings as shown on my iPad 1 under Settings=>mail, contacts, calendars =>(my microsoft exchange email account)=> click on account name:
Email: john at johnsmithesquire.com
Server: webmail.easyspace.com
username: RFDf4tG&B5joh at johnsmithesquire.com
Password: ************
Use SSL: OnS/Mime: Off

When I send a mail from my iPad 1 the sender name is not my email address, but rather my user name. The "from" field shows my emails as being from "RFDf4tG&B5joh at johnsmithesquire.com".

I can't change the username otherwise it can't get or send emails at all. Any ideas how I can send mails from my own name again?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you perform the upgrade to iOS5 and migrate to Microsoft Exchange at the same time?

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts