What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blocking e mails

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been getting hundreds of unwanted, annoying emails, repeatedly from same senders. I have tried blocking. Procedure on my pro is to go to settings, mail, scroll to blocked sender options. I then have a couple of choices activate or deactivate blocked sender. and also to leave in inbox or move to trash. My preference is to move to trash. Now if I activate blocked sender and send to trash, it simply marks the mail in the inbox as blocked and I have to manually trash it,(does make it quicker to spot them). If I unactivate blocked sender and activate move to trash, it will do so for a while, but eventually, rather shortly, will automatically change to leave in inbox.

Is there anyway to block the sender and have the blocked email automatically send to trash? I do not care to see a little blocked marker, I just want these to go straight to trash.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I gave up on that, years ago. Instead, I auto-forward my various email addresses to my Gmail account, from which the Mail app fetches the messages. The reason: Gmail has an excellent spam filter, plus the ability to add addresses to whitelists and blacklists. Filtered/blacklisted mail never reaches your iPad.

OP
J

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I gave up on that, years ago. Instead, I auto-forward my various email addresses to my Gmail account, from which the Mail app fetches the messages. The reason: Gmail has an excellent spam filter, plus the ability to add addresses to whitelists and blacklists. Filtered/blacklisted mail never reaches your iPad.
How do you do that, I am not that computer savy?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The exact steps depend on your email provider. Somewhere there should be a web page where you can set account preferences, among them a place to specify an email address to which all your mail is forwarded. Before you do that, you'd need to set up a free Gmail account to establish that address. The last step is telling the iPad's Mail app to use that Gmail address as your account from which to get mail.

Or, get a 14 year old to do it for you... ;)

OP
J

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found I can tap on the senders name, then again and a screen with options comes up. I tap block this sender and it simply highlights in with a tiny red icon when that email shows in the inbox, and also future emails from that sender. In reality it really does nothing, as I can recognize the junk or phishing senders by name.

OP
J

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is all, even the one's marked. Last night I discovered another settings under mail, under messages, which is to "ask before deleting" which was turned on apparently a default setting. I just turned it off and will see what happens.

Most reactions