What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to have different sender details gmail account ?

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a main email account [email protected] and I have configured a forwarder to send all mail to my gmail account [email protected].
I use Tbird or Outlook on PC to access this mail and I configure the sender to be [email protected] so that recipients are not aware of the gmail account.
I have just acquired an Ipad and have set up to use the Exchange way to collect email and keep the ipad synced with Google.
How can I set up the Ipad so that the sender shows as [email protected] and not [email protected] ?
Is it a setting in gmail within Google or is it a setting on the Ipad ?
-keevill-

Reaction score
I have 2 gmail accounts, 1 Verizon account and have them all set so they it looks like it was sent from my Verizon account.
I did it on the gmail desktop site. I use google as my exchange server on my Droid phone and my Outlook is set up with my Verizon account on my desktop.
On the iPad I have it set so when I send an email my Verizon account is the one that sends it. I set that method up on the iPad BUT if I respond to a message sent to one of my Gmail accounts it uses my Verizon address. I set that up on Gmail desktop site.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only send from accounts that you have on the iPad. So if you want to send from your mydomain account you will have to add that account to the iPad.

Once you do that, you can tap on the from field in your email while editing and choose your sender address. Or, you can go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and set your default account for outgoing mail.

OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can only send from accounts that you have on the iPad. So if you want to send from your mydomain account you will have to add that account to the iPad.

Once you do that, you can tap on the from field in your email while editing and choose your sender address. Or, you can go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and set your default account for outgoing mail.

Ok that sounds straightforward except of course, the mydomain account is actually a 'FORWARDER' and not a real account.
The *real* account is [email protected]
Is it possible to set up a 2nd account on the ipad for the forwarder account which , of course, will not actually be able to check for mail?
It's simple to do with a full blown email client where the 2nd account is set up just to *send* mail and not receive.

-keevill-

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
keevill said:
Ok that sounds straightforward except of course, the mydomain account is actually a 'FORWARDER' and not a real account.
Is it possible to set up a 2nd account on the ipad for the forwarder account which , of course, will not actually be able to check for mail?
It's simple to do with a full blown email client where the 2nd account is set up just to *send* mail and not receive.

-keevill-

Actualy, I'm not sure. I've never tried to set up an acount that doesn't work, or only one way, and I don't have any similar accounts I could play with. You will have to experiment and see what is possible. When you figure it out I'd appriciate it if you let us know how you get it working.

Reaction score

-keevill-

Yes. I have my Gmail and Verizon accounts on my Ipad but it sends from the Verizon. I think you are asking that. Yes I set it up that way on the Ipad.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Last edited:
OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-keevill-

Yes. I have my Gmail and Verizon accounts on my Ipad but it sends from the Verizon. I think you are asking that. Yes I set it up that way on the Ipad.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc
That's not quite what I am trying to do.
I want to set up box for SENDING only but the actual email address is really a forwarder and not a pop or imap box.
Mail sent to this email address is forwarded to the gmail account.
How can I set up an account in the ipad where the email address is a forwarder ?
The 'wizard' won't seem to let me do that on Apple products.
-keevill-

iPadGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I am having the same challenge and would appreciate any advice. I want to be able to change my default sending account on my iPad BUT the email address I'm sending from is actually a forwarding address (which points to a Gmail account) and not a POP or IMAP address.

Fingers crossed,
Debbie

OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same challenge and would appreciate any advice. I want to be able to change my default sending account on my iPad BUT the email address I'm sending from is actually a forwarding address (which points to a Gmail account) and not a POP or IMAP address.

Fingers crossed,
Debbie
Hi Debbie,
I never found the solution for this either and therefore don't use my iPad for sending biz email - if someone knows how , perhaps they will post a solution.
-keevill-

Most reactions

Latest posts