What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Sender Name Issue

Cotandem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just got my Ipad yesterday. Everything is great with the the Ipad, can't say the same about iTunes, but that is another day...

I am having one issue and have been unable to find a solution. Hoping someone here knows:

When I send emails, the sender name is my wife. How can l change the sender field to be both of our names, ie "Bill/Mary"?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gonto settings, then email, then tap the account you want to say Bill/Mary edit where it says "name".

stephrstephr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sender name question

We are having a similar problem, but I'm not sure if it's just the name or also the email address? If it's both, where would I change that?

Somehow my grampa, in fiddling around incessantly with his iPad, changed the sender name/From: field to his son's name and/or e-mail address. But his son's name should only be in the contacts, not in any of the accounts used for him to get his email or anything? When I get an email from him I don't see any evidence of his son's name OR email address, but it is worrisome to him.

Thanks for any other ideas, I only get an hour on it each week, so I have to be very quick to solve these things, and don't have it around to play with.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are having a similar problem, but I'm not sure if it's just the name or also the email address? If it's both, where would I change that?

Somehow my grampa, in fiddling around incessantly with his iPad, changed the sender name/From: field to his son's name and/or e-mail address. But his son's name should only be in the contacts, not in any of the accounts used for him to get his email or anything? When I get an email from him I don't see any evidence of his son's name OR email address, but it is worrisome to him.

Thanks for any other ideas, I only get an hour on it each week, so I have to be very quick to solve these things, and don't have it around to play with.

It sounds like maybe he's changed the "nickname" of the account. He/you can check by going to Settigns/Mail/ then clicking on the account that shows his son's name (if I'm correct in my assumption you'll see it in the list) and then change the "description" portion. The rest should be grandpa's name and email address.. Again in my assumption of the problem grandpa wouldn't be able to send/receive mail had the actual address been changed, although the name could need changing too...

stephrstephr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
time to reboot?

Well, thanks for all your ideas, but I don't see any nickname option, and I don't see this other person's name anywhere in the settings. Today a message from my mom to my grampa said that it was from my grampa to my uncle, I think there are a few bugs in this software? I also deleted some addresses in the contacts, but they still show up in the list of suggestions when you start typing in the To: field (I guess this will go away if I reboot? what was the key combo again?)

Thanks alot for your suggestions, we're getting there!

stephrstephr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, changed email addresses in contacts!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the problem of emails from my grampa's iPad having my uncle's return address on them, was resolved when I discovered my uncle's e-mail under my grampa's entry in the contacts?!

In any case I solved it yesterday, thanks for all your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts